JioFiber launches new entertainment bundles for Postpaid subscribers

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 35
  • Views: Views 7,621
It is kind of a necessary requirement for commercial enterprises atleast where OTT is not required and we could save cost by opting for Internet only plans.
In that case it's better to go for some local ISP who might be leasing bandwidth from these big telcos in bulk and retailing for cheaper in an internet only model. Much like what MVNOs do for wireless network.

In that case it's better to go for some local ISP who might be leasing bandwidth from these big telcos in bulk and retailing for cheaper in an internet only model. Much like what MVNOs do for wireless network.
What if one needs reliability along with cost savings? JioFiber is very reliable whereas generally local ISPs aren't. I was facing small downtimes at least a few times per week until I moved to JioFiber.

It is kind of a necessary requirement for commercial enterprises atleast where OTT is not required and we could save cost by opting for Internet only plans.
JioFiber is only for home use I believe.

Jio has a different range of plans under JioBusiness Solution for commercial usage.

What is the advantage of this postpaid plan over pre paid.
Nothing, to be honest. You get more committed to the term payments when you are on a postpaid connection. That's a disadvantage actually.

Jio is bringing the OTT offers only for postpaid connections just to lure the customers and boost the number of postpaid subscribers so they get in-time payments.

In the case of a prepaid acquisition, you can simply stop recharging and there are no commitments. The connection will get deactivated, that's it. Companies do not want such thing so trying to increase the postpaid customer base.

The Netflix standard now costs 300rs and the premium costs 450rs.
Whoa!

The price I mentioned was back when Netflix's monthly price was higher than it is now!!

Netflix Plan NameOld PriceNew Price
MobileN/A₹149
Basic₹499₹199
Standard₹649₹499
Premium₹799₹649

It doesn't really make sense for existing Jio upgraded Netflix users like me.

Now that they are the undisputed leader in wired broadband service, I guess Jio is starting to surge prices. Or did they have a deal fallout with Netflix!?

Last year, after I recharged the 300mbps plan for 1 year (plus 1 month free), I paid upfront to Jio (not to Netflix), Rs.3870 for 12 months and 27 days of Netflix Premium.
I have now upgraded Netflix from Basic to Premium.

The difference amount was as expected. Rs.300/month (no additional GST).

Interestingly though, I had to make the payment to Jio, and not to Netflix as I had expected.

The payment was requested for the whole validity period. Meaning, until the Jio Fiber's 1499 plan ends for me (13 months).

So I had to pay Rs.3870 for 13 months of Netflix Premium.

I had recharged the 1499 plan a few days back (Aug 27). Thus, the payment amount was reduced by Rs.30.

In case if I had done the upgrade on Aug 27th itself, the payment amount would have been the full Rs.3900.

Can anyone tell me if we take Rs 200 entertainment bundle and free STB , do we need to compulsary recharge for Rs 200 every month for entertainment bundle or we can skip any month ???
If we skip any month then will JIO take back their STB ???

Last edited:
Nothing, to be honest. You get more committed to the term payments when you are on a postpaid connection. That's a disadvantage actually.

Jio is bringing the OTT offers only for postpaid connections just to lure the customers and boost the number of postpaid subscribers so they get in-time payments.

In the case of a prepaid acquisition, you can simply stop recharging and there are no commitments. The connection will get deactivated, that's it. Companies do not want such thing so trying to increase the postpaid customer base.
What happens if we don't pay postpaid plan?

What happens if we don't pay postpaid plan?
Ihl3Zc0.gif

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock