Good News Jio Plus Postpaid plan with 1 month free trial launched

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 99
  • Views: Views 12,558
I’ll check with local dealer.
They won't. I checked. I wanted to convert my prepaid number to a postpaid number as well. They clearly said not only plan will forfeit. We will even have to pay ₹99 extra for Prime again. So keep on using prepaid until your plan expires or they change their terms and conditions.

They won't. I checked. I wanted to convert my prepaid number to a postpaid number as well. They clearly said not only plan will forfeit. We will even have to pay ₹99 extra for Prime again. So keep on using prepaid until your plan expires or they change their terms and conditions.
Which one are you planning to subscribe to now after converting?

Which one are you planning to subscribe to now after converting?
₹399 plan (₹470.82) for Amazon Prime and Netflix. I keep moving so I can't have fix broadband. So having 75 GB would be a treat as well as ₹181 is not a add-on. It will get deducted before daily data limit. And boosters are too expensive. Sometimes 3 GB also is low when we want to download some documentary. I would've normally gone for a family plan. But it's paid by their offices. So I am the only one who has to pay his telecom bill in the family. This is the lowest plus plan they offer. Even ₹199 (₹234.82) for 25 GB sounds like a good deal.

₹399 plan (₹470.82) for Amazon Prime and Netflix. I keep moving so I can't have fix broadband. So having 75 GB would be a treat as well as ₹181 is not a add-on. It will get deducted before daily data limit. And boosters are too expensive. Sometimes 3 GB also is low when we want to download some documentary. I would've normally gone for a family plan. But it's paid by their offices. So I am the only one who has to pay his telecom bill in the family. This is the lowest plus plan they offer. Even ₹199 (₹234.82) for 25 GB sounds like a good deal.
But Netflix and Amazon Prime will only be available on ₹699 plan now. That's why I was asking.

But Netflix and Amazon Prime will only be available on ₹699 plan now. That's why I was asking.
He probably means that he can use the 75 GB data of the 399 plan for viewing content on Netflix and Amazon prime for which he has a subscription externally.

Let's wait for clarification from Jio itself.
No clarification is needed, everything is clearly mentioned in the press release. The unlimited 5G is being offered with all postpaid plans on a promotional basis under the Jio 5G welcome offer just like for all prepaid plans higher than Rs 239. This is a temporary offering and is subject to change once 5G has been launched on a Pan India scale.
The 4G data quota is as per what is mentioned in the plan benefits for both individual as well as family plans (sharable between family members as per the discretion of the primary plan holder) with an additional 5GB of 4G data for each of the add-on family connections over and above what is shared with them by the primary plan holder.
The only exception for this is the Rs 599 individual postpaid plus plan which has truly unlimited 4G data (no Fup limit mentioned) which will continue to offer unlimited 4G data even after the 5G welcome offer ends.
All the postpaid plus plans may or may not get additional 5G data after the 5G welcome offer ends (my guess is that they would get a generous amount of 5G data bundled proportionate to the plan denomination).

Old plan vs new plan

I think price increase and low data

🤔
It is essentially a postpaid tariff hike by Jio similar to what we see in the prepaid segment. Just that it's a steep 50% hike for the base plan which has increased from 199 to 299 which is a sharper increase compared to what we see for prepaid segment.

This is mainly for 2 reasons, first is that postpaid users are sticky unlike the prepaid ones and wouldn't port to another operator so long as they are getting quality service and added benefits to justify the hike and secondly they are more affording than the prepaid users and can digest a sharp tariff hike easier.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock