Discussion Jio never deactivates numbers or do they!? Marketing gimmick to show increase in subscriber base

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 1,899
Remember they aren't talking about overall subscriber count. The article says they gained 8m subscribers in April month alone. And it's mainly due to the fact that Airtel and VF have introduced the mandatory minimum recharge packs.

Think about the lower middle class, lower class and BPL people. Their mindset would be like, "instead of spending rs.35 for nothing i can spend rs.49 for unlimited calls"

We need to relate this spike in subscriber base with the fact that the Jio phone was the best selling feature phone in the Q4 of 2018 and also Q1 of 2019. There's still a huge customer base of around 400m in feature phone market, and i wouldn't be surprised if they move to jio in coming days because of this ridiculous "mandatory recharge" fiasco
Agree with you mate, however its also marketing, as people tend to buy what they see and get. I had used jio sim and at times it shows full signal, however when we try to call from other operators we get out of network coverage, i don't want to comment on who is at the fault here.

Airtel/Voda/Idea should come up with new idea instead of asking people to recharge for 35 to keep active.

Who said they don't deactivate numbers? I took a secondary Jio sim back in 2017 for my mom. She wasn't impressed so stopped recharging. Within 2 months, they deactivated that number

Who said they don't deactivate numbers? I took a secondary Jio sim back in 2017 for my mom. She wasn't impressed so stopped recharging. Within 2 months, they deactivated that number
I haven't recharged since Dec, still working. Prime might be the reason

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock