Discussion Jio might be doing paid twitter campaign against Airtel

• Thread starter JackYU
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 4,917
Is your Airtel postpaid connection?
Used to be, bro. Initially my Jio connection was Prepaid and Airtel was Corporate Postpaid. Right now, Airtel is Prepaid and Jio is Postpaid (Rs199 plan).

Out of the corporate connections, 3 connections are being used by old staff and using button phone. Those numbers were using 124 Postpaid plan with UL calls and all others in 249 plan with 30GB of data (roll over up to 200GB), UL calls. Suddenly one fine day, Airtel moved all the plans to 299 with the same benefits of old 249 plan. Airtel usually never does this for Corporate connections (happens always in Retail Postpaid), but lack of competition encouraged them, it seems. We were OK to pay Rs299 instead of Rs249, but we thought paying Rs299 for button phones (with no need for data) is way too much and we asked some plan like Rs199 for UL calls only. They refused.

So I moved all Corp Postpaid connections to Prepaid with plan Rs1598 x 2 times (max validity allowed in Airtel Prepaid) for all the numbers. That plan gives UL calls for 1 year + 24GB data + 3600 SMS. Comes to around Rs113 per month excluding GST, much cheaper than we paid for Postpaid connection for even the button phones. For all other numbers, done data top up Rs301 (50GB - existing validity) x 4 times (2 years validity), comes to around Rs155 per month for UL calls + 10GB data, excluding GST. I don't know about others, but in my case, Airtel lost huge revenue from me, due to their arrogance.

For me one postpaid connection is necessary for roaming all over India, including places where prepaid roaming is banned (to NE, JK - though rarely). So I switched my Jio Prepaid to Rs199 plan with UL calls + 25GB 4G data (Now with UL 5G data as well). I am using this plan for more than a year, but Jio didn't move me to Rs299 plan (minimum plan right now). As long as Jio doesn't move me to higher plan, I will keep using this Rs199 plan, else I will move to Rs599 plan with UL data.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock