• Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 16
  • Views Views: Views 1,248

Esmail

Senior Editor, OnlyTech
News Columnist
Solutions
Reaction score
For those wanting to have a portable wifi hotspot option usable with Jio 5G (similar to unlocked 4G dongles) the future seems dim.

Jio has blocked the OnePlus 5G hub device from using its network since a month, earlier users were able to use the unlimited 5G on multiple devices by inserting the 5G enabled sim in the device. Also this is not even openly available to buy on the market, it can only be bought using red coins which are earned by OnePlus community members.

Looks like Jio wants to maintain the distinction between mobile 5G data usage and Air fiber home 5G wifi fixed solution. I won't be surprised if they start to limit the unlimited 5G on mobile on using it as hotspot in the future.

Is there any official press release or communication from Jio regarding this?

Is there any official press release or communication from Jio regarding this?
No, I have shared the source link in the post itself, it's based on users' personal experience and confirmation on the OnePlus community forums.
After your suggestion about mentioning PR as source, all my PR based posts have the disclaimer clearly added to the bottom.
Also Jio or any other operator wouldn't openly acknowledge blocking of certain devices on their network.

Instead of buying dongle or wifi router for 5G internet, go for AirFiber connection so it doesn't get blocked by the telecom operators abruptly.
I'm guessing he is concerned about the portability factor since the current Jio Air fiber setup is a fixed one. They didn't end up releasing the portable model which they had earlier showcased in one of their AGMs. Airtel did release one such device, not sure if they are still selling it or going the Jio way.

I'm guessing he is concerned about the portability factor since the current Jio Air fiber setup is a fixed one. They didn't end up releasing the portable model which they had earlier showcased in one of their AGMs. Airtel did release one such device, not sure if they are still selling it or going the Jio way.
Right bro, me too wanted portable airfiber connection because I live in rented house in mumbai so fixed one is a headache.

Not even JioFi users able to access internet

I was using jio 4g on my jiofi M2s device

On 22 july i inserted that sim on my newly purchased cmf phone 1 and opted jio true5g unlimited welcome offer

After that i inserted that sim in jiofi again just to use 4g speed net again on wifi

No ipv4 address anymore just ipv6 internet

And most websites not working as they are ipv4 only

But on cmf phone 1 same sim works well with ipv4 and ipv6 both

Back
Top Bottom