Jio facing backlash on social media after increasing their tariffs

• Thread starter Thread starter Vicky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 17
  • Views Views: Views 1,125
Airtel and VI have hiked prices as well, affective from the same day, theirs same to same packs are still costlier than Jio, so why aren't they facing that Backlash?
Is the price hike taken as an opportunity to target Jio?
They consider Jio to be the Medusa head and Airtel and Vi to be the snakes arising from it 😅 so naturally targeting the head to control the creature.

What is your definition of force to recharge?

Jio's dedicated recharge reminder team keep calling as soon as recharge is ended and in some worse cases they threaten people that if recharge not done, they will disconnect the number.
He want to say Jio not stopping incoming calls and OTPs after recharge over. And that's true.

JIO is facing backslash only due to the unnecessary media attention for the lavish wedding

What is your definition of force to recharge?
Barring incoming calls within few days, not even receiving govt scheme messages. Atleast, allow to receive OTPs and Bank massage.
Jio's dedicated recharge reminder team keep calling as soon as recharge is ended and in some worse cases they threaten people that if recharge not done, they will disconnect the number.
It's like Airtel Digital TV agents call to get back the box but never shown up. Although, in worst cases where customer is neither recharging nor receiving call. They'll turn off the sim automatically, I've observed these cases many times.

Importantly, Airtel and VI have hiked prices as well, affective from the same day, theirs same to same packs are still costlier than Jio, so why aren't they facing that Backlash?
Actually Airtel and VoId are "Known Devils" and Jio is an "Unknown Angel". People had doubts on Jio from the very first beginning and once their doubts are proved right, hatred started flowing.

Usually Airtel first increases the tariff, then VoId increase the same day and Jio increases after few days, giving ample time for users to recharge cheap and long term plans. But what happened this time is totally reverse. Jio increased FIRST, even before Airtel and didn't allowed long term recharges to be done.
JIO is facing backslash only due to the unnecessary media attention for the lavish wedding
This is another reason and many are relating the tariff hike to the lavish wedding expenses, like Ambanis are paying the bills of wedding using the increased recharge values. But personally, I think it is pointless. First it is his personal thing, next it is not illegal and he is just using a TINY FRACTION of his personal money. I am not judging whether it is right or wrong, to be honest - I don't care about HIS expenses, as well as his wealth.

The mammoth 5000 Crore is actually less than the profit made by the UnListed Co "Jio Platforms" in one single quarter before tariff hikes. Jio is NOT even his biggest company (not yet). For comparison sake, it is equal to say like, "BOTTOM most person in the Top 1% of the high earning Indian --- spending Rs3 Lakh for his kid's wedding" (For reference less than 1% of Indians comes under Income Tax limit).

I am not approving the lavish wedding in any way (who am I to approve, btw). It is true that, you can be simple, even after earning so much money. Some are comparing Tata's and Ambani's life style. There is a very famous saying that, "Speech is Silver, But Silence is Gold". It is simple, Tatas are Gold. Even then, saying "You are having Gala time in that Lavish Marriage using My recharge money" is way too much, imho.

Another real reason, which is often overlooked by many, is "The Upcoming Super IPO of Jio Platforms". They have to show increased profitability in coming quarters. Few Lakhs of low value recharge customers moving to BSNL will instead increase the ARPU, which is their ultimate goal and is a win-win situation for Jio, imho.

----------

Now coming to the point, without a single doubt, "Having a Secondary SIM is a LUXURY now", especially with full data pack. The Pain of lower middle class & less income people is REAL. Single SIM usage is the only way to go for them. Better solution is using minimum Fiber plan for home users and Single SIM of Jio/Airtel for the bread-earner who is also on the move. At least, Jio has JioBharat phones / JioPhones, with plans cheaper than VoId / Airtel.

I wonder what will the people do, when BSNL itself increase tariff after Pan India 4G lauch, which is inevitable, imho. Let us just hope, BSNL will not increase the minimum recharge value for incoming calls to the level of Airtel/VoId. Else, yet another "BoyCott", "Outrage", "Hatred" will be repeated again.

I mean, charging Rs350 per month for 1.5GB data/day + UL Calls/SMS is OK, but Rs199 is the minimum you have to pay for keeping your number active in network for 4 weeks is NOT OK, imho.

Back
Top Bottom