• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 972
  • Views: Views 123,846

Esmail

Senior Editor, OnlyTech
News Columnist
Solutions
Reaction score
Jio has announced 5G Beta trial program starting from Dussehra in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and Varanasi. Eligibility for Program is by invitation only. Participants to get unlimited 5G data. Eligible users will get the invitation and will be upgraded to 5G without needing to change their Sim card.
IWwnMe9.jpg

Last edited:
i think jiowill sent invite to those handset user which are jio 5g SA ready, and already spending more than 300/month either pre or postpaid

What if Jio price their 5G plan rates slightly lower than the current 4G plans ? This will boost the 4G to 5G conversion rate !

If they price the plans same as 4G there might be lump some 5G data given which can be used only in 5G network mode and separate regular 4G data. Because if u give more data in same plan and allow 4G device users to use it means they might postpone upgrading to new 5G phone.

Or they might increase the tariff rate 10-25% higher and do the above. IMO

I think it is for all 5g handset users irrespective of ARPU
According to details mentioned on a support page on Jio's website, Jio subscribers, both prepaid and postpaid, need to opt for a plan that costs Rs 239 or higher to be able to access Jio's True 5G network. "All Jio True 5G customers who are invited for the Jio Welcome Offer, can enjoy UNLIMITED 5G Data with speeds upto 1 Gbps. This will work only if the Jio customer has a valid active base plan of Rs 239 or higher for prepaid and all postpaid users," Jio wrote in a support page.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock