Good News Jio AirFiber launched

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 35
  • Views: Views 7,120

Even 100 Mbps plans get outdoor antenna, so Jio Airfiber is not truly mobile or portable like Airtel.
Jio Airfiber might conected to fixed cell tower. Airtel doesn't have b28 (700 Mhz), how they can manage indoor coverage for their Airfiber 100 mbps plan and offer constant high speeds?

Even 100 Mbps plans get outdoor antenna, so Jio Airfiber is not truly mobile or portable like Airtel.
Jio may be offering the choice of device to the user, whereby the outdoor unit model may be available for all plans from low to high speed whereas the portable model may be available only for the low speed plans.

Jio may be offering the choice of device to the user, whereby the outdoor unit model may be available for all plans from low to high speed whereas the portable model may be available only for the low speed plans.
YFrZvnJ.png

Surprisingly following Video of Jio Air Fiber was uploaded 2 weeks ago (much ahead of launch) showing the actual device and a very nice systematic comparison with Jio Sim on Mobile as well as Jio Fiber. Must say Quality content.
This Guy doesn't have Wire Casing for the LAN cable coming from the outdoor unit.

Basically AirFiber is nothing but upgraded version of Tikona Broadband, I've Tikona Broadband but later ditched it because of poor performance. Right now Tikona is under umbrella ☂️ of Airtel.

BIG QUESTION?
I'm from Rajasthan and it's one of the top in shutting Mobile internet services. So, how will they treat the AirFiber? They'll call it broadband or simply a mobile connection?

Last edited:
Basically AirFiber is nothing but upgraded version of Tikona Broadband, I've Tikona Broadband but later ditched it because of poor performance. Right now Tikona is under umbrella ☂️ of Airtel.

BIG QUESTION?
I'm from Rajasthan and it's one of the top in shutting Mobile internet services. So, how will they treat the AirFiber? They'll call it broadband or simply a mobile connection?
The last mile is still in 5g but different network slice. I think only @Esmail may be able to answer your question.

BIG QUESTION?
I think they will treat it as a Postpaid mobile Connection.

Tikona and Jio AirFiber are two completely different services and can't be compared. Tikona was running on unlicensed 2.4 GHz spectrum to provide it's home broadband before they bought 20 MHz in B40 in 5 circles including yours (Rajasthan).
Unlicensed spectrum doesn't provide quality service due to interference from other WiFi networks and even the licensed B40 had limited bandwidth and they didn't deploy sufficient transmitters. In comparison Jio has 60 times more licensed spectrum for 5G which provides ultra low latency network and they have high number of transmitters with blanket coverage in most cities so the performance will be reliable.

BIG QUESTION?
Ideally FWA is considered in line with fixed broadband and not with mobile broadband so the mobile internet shutdown should not affect it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock