Good News Jio AirFiber launched

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 35
  • Views: Views 7,120
I think the jio Airfibre may be a scam to just install thet additional device which uses your power but would be a small cell which powers the jio network undercover and saving jio money

It's just a thought from my end.

I think the jio Airfibre may be a scam to just install thet additional device which uses your power but would be a small cell which powers the jio network undercover and saving jio money

It's just a thought from my end.
First off, a small cell needs fiber connectivity like any other mobile tower, all it does is to provide mobile network (4G/5G) with the backhaul on fiber.
Jio AirFiber is specifically deployed in places where fiber can't be reached, it connects to the nearest 5G mobile tower wirelessly and provides WiFi network (2.4GHz/5GHz) in the house.

So your thought is a technically non-feasible conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
Jio Guy Claims,

If You Carry The AirFiber Device Outside, You Will Get Max 20 mbps Only (He Says They Deploy Antenna At Home)

How Far It's True??

@Esmail
There are 2 modles of Jio AirFiber, one which is fixed and has an external unit which connects to the nearest 5G mobile tower through direct line of sight and the other one which is portable standalone with a 5G sim in it which works indoors without a direct line of sight to the 5G mobile tower.
The first model has an indoor unit which is the wireless router which is mostly wall mounted and fixed since it can't work without the ethernet cable running to it from the outdoor unit and the second one can be carried with you anywhere you go.
So your query pertains only to the second model and the speed of that depends on the strength of network it is connected to and also the frequency band. Chances are that this Jio user whom you are quoting has carried the AirFiber to another location and used it indoors by placing it in a part of the room where n78 doesn't penetrate to and his device is connected to n28 which is providing him speeds of up to 20 Mbps.
When Jio engineers install the portable Jio AirFiber in your house they suggest the location where you get maximum 5G signal indoors for best performance, but when u carry the device to another location you may not know the location of the tower close to that so you may not know in which corner of the room to place it for best performance.

As I read it's a upgraded version of jiofi...I dont know it supports 4G if the 5G signal goes off...this happens specially in rural areas..
On plans and prices..
I am disgusted after seeing 599 for 30 Mbps speed..now adays atleast 50-60 Mbps costs the same in rural broadband plans...
Anyways it's my personal opinions..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock