IPL 2018 | Winner - Chennai Super Kings

• Thread starter Thread starter Justlita22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4,928
  • Views Views: Views 505,544
Ignore me, just question yourself: When was the last time MS played so fluently and that too continuously while playing for India?
Edit: He scored at least one 50+ in each of the 11 seasons, but his only T20I fifty came after playing 80+ matches.
Just open your eyes and you'll realize my words as Indian cricket fan.
You can't score much when you are batting at lower order in T20 and your best batsman (VK) scoring runs for fun and don't let enough runs to score.

He scored at least one 50+ in each of the 11 seasons, but his only T20I fifty came after playing 80+ matches.
Being a captain for so many years, Dhoni could have very well played at No 4 in T20I's regularly or any format for that matter had he was greedy enough to consider his personal milestones more important than the teams cause but rather he chooses to bat at the most difficult position say No: 6 or No: 7 considering there was no other reliable or better options for India. Either most batsmen in India are Top order batsmen or they simply didnt have anyone as reliable and as consistent as Dhoni at No 6 and 7 with the finishers role.

I very well remember when he batted at the top order or when the top order was dismissed early he always scored big runs. But the most important factor of Dhoni's carrier is he did the tough job by scoring most runs at the death specially when the ball becomes old, soft and its not as easy to score runs with a hard new ball specially in the powerplays.

And as far as ur criticism of him scoring more 50's for CSK, he had the liberty of batting higher up the order considering he always had good strikers or finishers in Albie, Bravo and others to share his burdon. But that was not the case with India. Yuvraj and Raina at their prime did try helping Dhoni but they werent as consistent as Dhoni himself. So he had to take the most important and tougher role. I surely believe u will surely understand the value of Dhoni the finisher specially considering the possible replacements in Rishabh Pant and Ishaan Kishan are all top order players.

Being a captain for so many years, Dhoni could have very well played at No 4 in T20I's regularly or any format for that matter had he was greedy enough to consider his personal milestones more important than the teams cause but rather he chooses to bat at the most difficult position say No: 6 or No: 7 considering there was no other reliable or better options for India. Either most batsmen in India are Top order batsmen or they simply didnt have anyone as reliable and as consistent as Dhoni at No 6 and 7 with the finishers role.

I very well remember when he batted at the top order or when the top order was dismissed early he always scored big runs. But the most important factor of Dhoni's carrier is he did the tough job by scoring most runs at the death specially when the ball becomes old, soft and its not as easy to score runs with a hard new ball specially in the powerplays.

And as far as ur criticism of him scoring more 50's for CSK, he had the liberty of batting higher up the order considering he always had good strikers or finishers in Albie, Bravo and others to share his burdon. But that was not the case with India. Yuvraj and Raina at their prime did try helping Dhoni but they werent as consistent as Dhoni himself. So he had to take the most important and tougher role. I surely believe u will surely understand the value of Dhoni the finisher specially considering the possible replacements in Rishabh Pant and Ishaan Kishan are all top order players.
Very much agree with your points bro.
But my concern is, we didn't see the same fluency or clean striking in India matches. Rather, he was clearly struggling lately in almost every international matches whatever the match situation is.
As a true Indian cricket fan, I'm very much hopeful that he'll carry his current CSK form to international matches and that'll be great news for CWC'19.

How Many Wins A Team Need To Have To Secure A Place In Play Offs?

7 Or 8?
8 win will confirm ur place in playoff
For 7 wins to qualify u have to depend on mathematical calculations.
Note-Some teams have qualified with 14 points.

Very much agree with your points bro.
But my concern is, we didn't see the same fluency or clean striking in India matches. Rather, he was clearly struggling lately in almost every international matches whatever the match situation is.
As a true Indian cricket fan, I'm very much hopeful that he'll carry his current CSK form to international matches and that'll be great news for CWC'19.
Yup thats mostly due to the fact that he didnt have enough time to get himself settled to go for the big hits right from the start like he used to do at ease and also when comes to Indian team theres not many hitters to follow after him with a long tail. But with CSK there's always a Bravo, Jadeja or someone .

I'm sure Dhoni will be able to replicate this for India if he is promoted up the order and is given enough overs. No 4 slot is perfect for Dhoni in ODI's as well as T20's. He could still finish the match playing at Number 4 but the question is whom do we have to play at No 6 and No 7 other than Hardik Pandya from the recent past.

Most consecutive wins vs an opponent in IPL (includes Super Over wins):

8 RCB v DD (2011-15)
8 KKR v KXIP (2014-17)
7 CSK v DD (2012-15)
7 RR v DD (2013-2018) - streak ended today

Narrowest margin of wins for DD in IPL (by runs):

1 v RR, Delhi, 2012
4 v SRH, Vizag, 2015
4 v RR, Delhi, 2018 **
7 v RPS, Delhi, 2017

Back
Top Bottom