Discussion iPhone buying general questions

• Thread starter Thread starter Sparker0i
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 7
  • Views Views: Views 674

Sparker0i

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm creating this thread to serve as a place to ask for questions regarding iPhones before users buy it so that they are aware of any shortcomings that might be there.

Since I created the thread, I'm going to start with a few questions.

My brother will be coming to India for a month in Late December from the US. I'm planning to utilize the ~$850 bonus that I had from my company to buy the iPhone 13 Pro (256G) from the USA. I have a few questions before I finalize the deal:
  1. Has anyone tried the 20W and 30W fast chargers with their iPhones? Does it cause any heating issues like we see on Android phones?
  2. Has anyone tried using the MacBook charger with their iPhone? If yes, what is the output from that charger and what is the final input received on the phone? (If the output is 20 or 30W, I might skip on that fast charger from above)
  3. Has anyone tried charging the iPhone from the MacBook? If yes, what is the output from that Mac and what is the final input received on the phone?
  4. Does AppleCare+ bought from internationally (for an iPhone outside India) work in India?
  5. Does Face ID work with masks on? (My bet is no, but let me hear from y'all)
  6. How easy has it been to transfer all non-WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone? (including Calls, SMSs. I really want important SMS' to be migrated to my new phone)
  7. How easy it is to migrate non-WhatsApp data like calls and SMS from iPhone to Android? (I'm still going to have Android as backup, so if at all anything happens to my iPhone, I can still get my important data on Android)
  8. How good is the camera on 3rd party apps? (On Android, most non-OEM apps tend to have a worse captured photo than while taking a photo from within the OEM camera app)
  9. Are there any Pro level controls on iPhone camera? (ISO, WB, Shutter Speed, Exposure, Manual Focus)
  10. Is the 3100 mAh battery on the 13 Pro be a problem when using with the high refresh rate? (I don't want to go down to a 60Hz display after using it on Android for the last 2+ years)
  11. Is the eSIM in India going to work on the international iPhone?

Last edited:
My Answer are -

1. Im using 20W charger for my iphone12 and there is no heating issue at all.

5. No it will not work when you are wearing a mask.

6. I transferred all WhatsApp data through laptop but now a days a pendrive form Sandisk also in market that will work on both android and iphone to transfer all data.

8. obviously camera on 3rd party app will not give good pics.

9. All pro features are available.

6. I transferred all WhatsApp data through laptop but now a days a pendrive form Sandisk also in market that will work on both android and iphone to transfer all data.
Can you please point the steps you followed for this?

I had a doubt regarding the Whatsapp Chat/Media transfer from Android to iOS, can someone suggest some genuine third party apps which they used and have worked seamlessly, from the youtube videos I have seen Wutsapper-WhatsApp Transfer – Apps on Google Play seems the best among the lot be it pricing(1600/year) or ease of transfer, but still any other suggestions based on success rate and low price.

Last edited:
I had a doubt regarding the Whatsapp Chat/Media transfer from Android to iOS, can someone suggest some genuine third party apps which they used and have worked seamlessly, from the youtube videos I have seen Wutsapper-WhatsApp Transfer – Apps on Google Play seems the best among the lot be it pricing(1600/year) or ease of transfer, but still any other suggestions based on success rate and low price.
Unfortunately even i don't see any cheaper options yet. I'm going to try this one only once I get my iPhone

Wow, that sounds costly! If only apple did not have such a tight grip on app developers, there would have been free ios apps to do this. :(

Anyway,

1) It looks like the dr.fone software (for desktops) has a free trial. Not sure how far the free trial will let you go though. Give it a try (refer article linked below).

2) The article also outlines steps to export 'individual' chats (one contact at a time) to your Gmail. It seems that you could then download (and later import them to Whatsapp) them by accessing the same Gmail account from your iphone. If you have only a few contacts' chats to transfer, you could give this a try instead. Because this would be a no cost option, no?

Back
Top Bottom