Discussion Investing on mutual funds

Hello Everyone! I am planning to start investing in Mutual funds from this month, may be starting with 4000-5000 per month.
Does anyone have experience in Mutual Funds and would you be able to guide me as I am newbie.
You can buy idfc imperial equity fund which gives you 39% returns in a year invest in that for more details ping me

1. I would suggest you to research yourself. And for that you must visit moneycontrol site and check last 10 years performance of top 10 MF's.

2. I have a friend who introduced me to MF's. He is Financial Analyst and has good experience. He showed me how to check performance & to know my requirements like how much you need to invest and for how much long?

3. Invest for minimum 3 to 5 years to get amazing returns (amazing in terms of returns compared to FD's).

4. Always remember, to get higher returns you will have to take higher risks. For example, You will get more returns in Large Cap funds compared to Mid Cap funds, but risk is always large in Large Cap Funds. So, decide accordingly.
If you are planning to invest for long term, then this risk lowers.

5. I have personally invested in HDFC Mid Cap Opportunities fund and have got good returns in 22 months (Around 24%).

6. You can look for DSP Black Rock, HDFC Mid Cap & HDFC Large Cap Funds. I have studied/researched on these 3 funds and found them good & safe. Still i would suggest you to ignore my words and research yourself, that will be the best thing.

7. And Most importantly, Mutual Funds are subject to Market Risks. Please refer the offer document before investing.
Hope i would have been of some help to you :)
Great advise. But one point, usually Large Cap are more secure with low returns and Mid Cap can give high returns with little more risk.

Last edited:
Few tips from me:
Decide you investment according to your age and goal period. If you are young and investing for retirement go for equity fund.
If you are middle age and planning for short term goal then go for higher amount in debt fund and low amount in equity fund ratio.

Few tips from me:
Decide you investment according to your age and goal period. If you are young and investing for retirement go for equity fund.
If you are middle age and planning for short term goal then go for higher amount in debt fund and low amount in equity fund ratio.

Very important point mentioned by @hindifun bro.
Yes, it is very important to decide your goal. You can use SIP Calculator to get an idea.
Here is the link: HDFC Mutual Fund

I finalized below funds:
a)Birla sun Life equity fund growth direct plan
b)Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund Direct Growth
c) L&T Emerging Businesses Fund Direct Plan

Let me know your thoughts please.

Guys I started investing last month, my aim is for long term saving and do not care much about the short term fluctuations now and then.

So far I invested 8500 and it's worth 8718 now after 1 month :)

d6Ngbfe.png

Any suggestions guys?

Yes, Mutual Funds is a good investment option. You can select a Mutual Funds scheme that best suits your requirements.

Some of the benefits of Mutual Funds are-

Diversification of portfolio.

Professionally Managed

Mutual Funds offer liquidity and flexibility.

The returns on Mutual Funds depend on the scheme, the risk taking ability of the Investors, and the duration of investment.

Guys I started investing last month, my aim is for long term saving and do not care much about the short term fluctuations now and then.

So far I invested 8500 and it's worth 8718 now after 1 month :)

d6Ngbfe.png

Any suggestions guys?
What is the app friend you are using

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock