• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 617

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Ravi Shastri's take on MS Dhoni in his exclusive interview to Cricbuzz.

How about Dhoni? Kohli has said he would like to see him bat at number five. But he can be pretty flexible too.

Of course! He is still a great batsman, and is finishing matches for us. You saw in Adelaide, and he has been in terrific form this year. He may not be Dhoni of 2008 or 2011. But experience is not bought or sold in the market.

And why just batting, you saw the run-out of James Neesham on Sunday. That was Dhoni at his very best, like a con artist. He was not even looking at the ball, and the run-out was done in a flash, and it changed the course of that game. He is superb with the gloves, and from behind the stumps he really guides the wrist spinners because he understands all the fielding angles from inside the circle much better than the others.

But Dhoni has come under sharp criticism, even from ex-Indian players, precisely because he is not the same batsman as he was in 2008 or 2011. There was a lot of criticism about his knock in Sydney, which split opinion everywhere.

Nobody is good enough to criticise MS Dhoni. If you talk about him, do you even know anything about cricket?

Dhoni is like Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev and Sunil Gavaskar. These guys come once in 30-40 years. He is an ornament to the game. He has been the captain of a number one Test team, and has two World Cups to his name. In fact, tell me which trophy has he not won? Name it. There is no space in his trophy cabinet.

I think people should learn a thing or two about cricket before they start talking about Dhoni. You don't get a guy (of his experience and ability) overnight.

Full Interview:

Virat Kohli is still evolving as captain across formats - Ravi Shastri

Ravi Shastri mulls batting Virat Kohli at No. 4 in World Cup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock