Internet speeds in India increase by 99 per cent, still amongst worst in the world

OneDirection

Reaction score
India's average internet connection speed in 2016 increased by a whopping 99 percent as compared to 2015. Globally, Internet connection speed increased 12 percent to 7Mbps in the fourth quarter of 2016 - a 26 percent increase year-on-year.

This data comes from content delivery network services provider Akamai Technologies' State of the Internet report for Q4 2016. The report includes data gathered from across the Akamai Intelligent Platform about traffic, broadband adoption, mobile connectivity and other relevant topics concerning the Internet.

The report offers global statistics like connection speeds, broadband adoption metrics and notable Internet disruptions which help give key insights into the state of the internet across the world.

India's statistics are also on offer - though the country still lacks quite a way behind the global average, it has seen a significant rise in average internet connection speeds year-on-year.

https://t.co/hjiRcerj8k

If bsnl increases other operators will increase their speeds.bsnl should give minimum of 4mbps to its customers

Then bsnl network will crash which will lead to chaos as all govt office banks use bsnl

Sarkar said:
Then bsnl network will crash which will lead to chaos as all govt office banks use bsnl
Sarkari babu's will do maje then! They do with internet too, i have seen facebook open in one tab of each PC always. While private offices block those sites so employees can concentrate on work!

:lol, and we r happy in this only :em

posting our speeds daily on "internet speed thread"

Article states, our speeds r still one of d worst in d world :D

Some Indian guys getting Gigabit speeds via Giga fibre BB services. They are the blessed ones, i would say. :hehe

Bapun Raz said:
Some Indian guys getting Gigabit speeds via Giga fibre BB services. They are the blessed ones, i would say. :hehe

they wud be on download sites, all day and all night long :win

shawl_who said:
[emoji38], and we r happy in this only :em

posting our speeds daily on "internet speed thread"

Article states, our speeds r still one of d worst in d world :D
Real Problem is Internet(even speed with 4Mbps +)available in many places but very very costly so we are forced to ride bullock cart instead of bullet train because that's what we can afford.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock