Intel: Meltdown and Spectre Flaws - Computers face global slowdown

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 31
  • Views: Views 4,126
Microsoft has warned users that its patches for the dangerous Meltdown CPU bug won't reach them if their third-party antivirus hasn't been updated to support this week's Windows security update.

By now Windows users should have received the patches Microsoft released yesterday to plug the widespread Meltdown bug and its companion Spectre, which expose most computers and phones to speculative execution side-channel attacks that affect chips from Intel, AMD, and Arm.

Windows Meltdown-Spectre patches: If you haven't got them, blame your antivirus | ZDNet

No update released for computers running Windows 7 (maybe they roll out on Tuesday).
Microsoft issued an update for Windows 7 PC too but I didn't receive the update because it's running Kaspersky free antivirus :mad:. I'll uninstall Kaspersky and install Microsoft security essential

Mozilla Firefox Patched with release of 57.04, now SharedArrayBuffer feature is now disabled by default in the Firefox57.04

Microsoft issued an update for Windows 7 PC too but I didn't receive the update because it's running Kaspersky free antivirus :mad:. I'll uninstall Kaspersky and install Microsoft security essential

Moral of the story, never install 3rd party antivirus, os maker knows what is best for an os

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock