Installed new Airtel Xstream Fiber connection

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 10,235
Little confused between 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz in airtel xstream, which one should I connect ?

It should be 5 ghz. Incase if signal is weak, then you can connect in 2.4 ghz..
Correct.

Speed
5GHZ --> Maximum speed avilable to the modem. Speed would be closer or equal to any LAN connection to the modem.

2.4GHZ --> Speed roughly the half of 5GHZ/LAN.

Signal Range
2.4 GHZ --> Upto 3 rooms in length, even with walls blocking the signal. Signal would be low, starting from the 3rd room.

5GHZ --> Upto 2 rooms in length. Signal would be relatively lower starting from the 2nd room. Signal in any 3rd room would be very weak, and might intermittently cut off.

KFVeeLm.png

Try in airtel thanks app, if you can get such details.
Not available yet but here is the ss of plan details from welcome mail that I got after activation of connection

FUdhnI7.jpg

About 5 hours outage was there yesterday and since today morning PON light is blinking red. Raised complaint, technician will come tomorrow afternoon. Thought wired line will give stable connection 😒

r9MNt56.jpg
It depends on the area to area and ISP to ISP bro, I have been using broadband for the last 12 years but found that JIO Fiber has been extremely stable for me. Not a single downtime almost in the last 15 months.

It depends on the area to area and ISP to ISP bro, I have been using broadband for the last 12 years but found that JIO Fiber has been extremely stable for me. Not a single downtime almost in the last 15 months.
last 12 years -let us know history . name of isp/lco

JIO Fiber --- u mean all credit goes robust planning, undergrounds cable and standard operations from jio team

Correct, Jio have been very stable nowadays while Airtel is taking days to address such kind of issues.

last 12 years -let us know history . name of isp/lco

JIO Fiber --- u mean all credit goes robust planning, undergrounds cable and standard operations from jio team
Started with BSNL broadband in around 2008 or 2009 then
Airtel Broadband (2010-2013)
BSNL Broadband (2013-2018)
Local ISP FTTH (2018-2019 mid)
BSNL FTTH (mid 2019-dec 2020)
JIO Fiber (Dec 2020- current)

actually, dates might be a little different but the sequence is the same.

I remembered all this because of all the struggle I had due to downtime and high per month cost.

Correct, Jio have been very stable nowadays while Airtel is taking days to address such kind of issues.
this is suprissing.

airtel choose LCO backed model depending on area in each city/town/sub-urban just to address
1) no fight for unethical cable cutting
2z) more detail mapping by lco
3) fastdr rollout
4) supwrie speed bcoz of central aerver

all this by agreeing 20-30% revenue share model and contol vis locked router/modem/terminal devices

jio stability means almost nil downtime and nearly constant speed?

but how about speedlyy resolution when internet not working ?//

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock