Discussion Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules

More clear :
2Loc2sV.jpg

7YDY8Fs.jpg
ElCTXDK.jpg

Source : Source
Well articulated response from the government, a private profit earning company ia not going to tell us what is personal freedom and tolerance. All companies needs to follow the law of lands. These are same companies which follows certain rule of other countries without any objection but have issues to follow same here.

Last edited:
Well articulated response from the government, a private profit earning company ia not going to tell us what is personal freedom and tolerance. All companies needs to follow the law of lands. These are same companies which follows certain rule of other countries without any objection but have issues to follow same here.
Because we are more divided when it comes to in favour of country ofcourse. People in our country think more about TikTok, PUB G, Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, etc. ban than the law of land, their privacy, their safety.
No one is taking their freedom to express, criticising govt. just asking them to follow law.

I guess govt will throw WhatsApp Messenger out because they are already working with Sandes and more official purpose they are using it.

These are same companies which follows certain rule of other countries without any objection but have issues to follow same here.
Replied same line from a different member in this thread itself Discussion - Potential Ban of Facebook and Twitter social platforms in India

Facebook, Twitter might even eventually manage to get a deal with government but with these rules imessages, Telegram, Signal would be simply banned because they will not share their user's data with the government.

Replied same line from a different member in this thread itself Discussion - Potential Ban of Facebook and Twitter social platforms in India

Facebook, Twitter might even eventually manage to get a deal with government but with these rules imessages, Telegram, Signal would be simply banned because they will not share their user's data with the government.
I somehow missed your post.Anyway if you read my post i talked only about Twitter.They have Compliance officers in US and Europe and if i don't understand their logic in not having one in India.

This is so misleading cartoon there nothing to do with security. They are simply asking to setup an office that it. Google is going why can't they? Just tell us the reason why it's threat to us.
Set up regional compliance officer, nodal contact person, resident grievance officer, heavily reduced timeline compared to what was earlier to comply with any instruction, identity originator of any particular message be it private or public, store data/records for longer duration of time to share with government even if account is deleted, AI automated system to remove certain type of content, “Voluntary” verification similar to KYC. Companies with privacy as their USP just can't afford to do this because their global business would be affected. And if someone says this law cannot be misused to silence people then that's really hard to believe.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock