Discussion Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules

Whenever they show the true condition of pandemic and incompetency in controlling, it looks toxic for some persons...

So Twitter was created only during pandemic? People only started tweeting now? Maybe you did that I don't know. I have been using Twitter for more than 10yrs and I have seen how much toxic it has become. Infact even Youtube became like that. Thanks to jio 👏👏👏. This has nothing to do with pandemic so it's better to stop thinking that everyone thinks in your way.

Why don’t you go and check US/UK Twitter rules when you’re free. They have similar rules just like how Indian govt made new rules.

Heard about withheld tweet?

Stop linking everything to political issues. Even if you do stop thinking everyone is doing same.

BTW OTT are also gonna face new rules and I heard they got 15 days time (Twitter/FB got 3 months). What true colors are this OTTs showing?

Twitter was more than helpful actually in the second wave of COVID. It was the platform to make SOS calls. Many people received helped via Twitter.

That's 100% true.

Last edited:
I want to understand what wrong Government is doing by asking them to appoint a compliance officer who can coordinate with govt. for anything controversial.Replying to the Delhi Police summons the Twitter India chief said that he is ONLY looking after the marketing business of Twitter in india and any policy related decision has to be taken up with Twitter US.What kind of BS is this?If with 55 million users Twitter can't have a person in charge of its affairs in india then it has no rights to business in india.
I spend may be 4-5 hrs daily on twitter and perhaps more during football matches but if they are so arrogant that they can't abide simple rules which they are doing in other countries then i don't feel they have any rights to do business here.This just shows that they don't have any respect for Indian public and govt.

The same govt used them for promoting their false propaganda. Now when they are at the receiving end, they are threating to shut down.

I spend may be 4-5 hrs daily on twitter and perhaps more during football matches but if they are so arrogant that they can't abide simple rules which they are doing in other countries then i don't feel they have any rights to do business here.
Which other country has such law 🤔 that risks end to end encryption, have enabled KYC verification of their citizens on social media via identity cards? US, UK, Australia, etc. are watching India right now, how these laws get enforced and if it's succesful then they will think about similar law there.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock