India Tour Of South Africa 2023/24 | News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Vivek3457789
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 549
  • Views Views: Views 32,433
We were close in 2006. In 2010, Laxman,Dravid, Tendulkar were close to retirement. Indian players at retirement doesn't perform that well. Infact Dravid has very poor record in South Africa. So let's see how he coach the team. Also, Dale Steyn since 2009 was at peak till 2014. And don't even let me start at Philander from 2011. Unbeatable record to be honest at home for him. Only Abbott and Duan Olivier could break it. Sadly they were not in schemes for Proteas. I hope Nortje comes back and this potent attack can win WTC for Proteas. I don't have doubt about this batting attack. This is world class batting line up. They just need to let go Bavuma in ODIs, let go of Van Dussen in tests and found good openers in ODIs with departure of Bavuma+Miller+De Cock. They
ODI

Tonder
Hamza/Peterson
Brevis
Markram(C)
Klassen
Mulder/Stubbs

Rest same as this year's WC. I believe Maharaj can offer a lot more than what he did in this WC at 38 years of age in backyards.
Dravid played best innings in 1997 SA tour. SA pitches are not suitable for Indian batters because , it needs patience, even Sachin don't have that much patience, think about current batters.
Like Pujara, we need 3-4 players to play in SA pitches, on top they need best technic in their batting skills than only we can think about winning in SA pitches.
On other hand, SA not in their peak, so their performance won't be like earlier, if India wins test series, then it could be SA lose to India, rather india wins in SA

Dravid played best innings in 1997 SA tour. SA pitches are not suitable for Indian batters because , it needs patience, even Sachin don't have that much patience, think about current batters.
Like Pujara, we need 3-4 players to play in SA pitches, on top they need best technic in their batting skills than only we can think about winning in SA pitches.
On other hand, SA not in their peak, so their performance won't be like earlier, if India wins test series, then it could be SA lose to India, rather india wins in SA
You need players with attacking mindset in SA. Being defensive won't work. It's not like Eng or Aus where you grind and hope it gets better for batting. It'll never get better for batting you have to make the most out of it when you're out there. Like dravid even Pujara has a poor record in SA

You need players with attacking mindset in SA. Being defensive won't work. It's not like Eng or Aus where you grind and hope it gets better for batting. It'll never get better for batting you have to make the most out of it when you're out there. Like dravid even Pujara has a poor record in SA
Pujara(Vijay) had great 2013 tour(I don't know about Dravids tour of 1997), but definitely Pujara had I think it was his first tour. I don't know what happened to him in 2018 and I don't know whether he was there last year or not. Laxman also has poor record.

Pujara(Vijay) had great 2013 tour(I don't know about Dravids tour of 1997), but definitely Pujara had I think it was his first tour. I don't know what happened to him in 2018 and I don't know whether he was there last year or not. Laxman also has poor record.
Flopped last year too

Star sports uploading highlights of 2010-11 and 2018 tour on YouTube
cK85CsK.jpg

Back
Top Bottom