India tour of South Africa 2021-22 | News And Updates

"As I have said before, I will say again, we will continue to back Cheteshwar and Ajinkya because of the kind of players they are, what they have done in Test cricket for India over the years, playing crucial knock in the second innings (in Johannesburg) as well. These are kind of performances we recognise as a team," the skipper said but, unlike other times when Kohli forcefully drove home a point, here the words seemed like mere afterthought."

What is point of backing these players who are 33-34 years old and almost done with their career despite constant backing ?? When these 32-34 old range jadeja , kohli , rohit , rahane , pujara , ashwin , ishant are going to retire in next couple of years , it would create huge gap in team india . We should start immediately by filling those with new players starting with replacing PuRane.
Spinner and batsman can play till 38-40 if they are performing. Ashwin,Virat, Ravindra Jadeja isn't going anywhere for next five years. They should get break inbetween though. I can see Virat scoring atleast 5000 runs in next few years in test cricket. His time wasted in Pandemic but he was in good touch. But for some wrong reason he couldn't perform in tests. Now he is not captain, after winning test series,he should rest and give chance for players like Gill/Easwaran/Aparajith in the middle order. They should not play white ball anymore. Ishant should be dropped immediately as his pace is down by long margin or can be there with team as guide to rest of the bowlers. Shami and Umesh can play Max two years and we don't have pacers ready for next generation.

I still don't know why people want more of Rahane and Pujara in the team. Can't they see Iyer and Vihari waiting in the wings. There is Abhimanyu Easwaran as well as Priyank Panchal waiting in the wings which means Gill can bat in the middle order. Suryakumar Yadav can bat in the middle order as well. One needs to give them chances in Srilankan series.

BLFgquu.jpg

South Africa (Playing XI): Quinton de Kock(w), Janneman Malan, Aiden Markram, Rassie van der Dussen, Temba Bavuma(c), David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lungi Ngidi

India (Playing XI): KL Rahul©, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant(w), Venkatesh Iyer, Shardul Thakur, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock