India tour of New Zealand 2019 | News & Updates

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,004
  • Views: Views 72,547
Looks like you don't consider Test cricket 😊😊😊 In the current Indian team, only Kohli and Bumrah are the regular players in all formats of the game and they deserve the rest having continuously played in whole 2018. Rohit, Dhawan and Karthik don't play continuously like Kohli and Bumrah. Dhawan and Karthik plays only ODI and T20, that too Karthik isn't a regular player, only Dhawan is regular. Rohit also doesn't play all test matches, though he is a regular in ODI and T20. So, no need of rest for them 😊😊😊 You can also google for game time in 2018 for each of these players and stats will be there 😊😊😊

Looks like you forgot ODI series win against New Zealand very quickly😊😊😊. And T20 is not a format you respect anyway, so no need to bother about T20 series loss😊😊😊. And talking about Australia, let's see if India can whitewash them since they are a waste team😊😊😊. And are you included in those people who have no interest in the Australia series? We will miss your comments here if that's true😊😊😊Please watch it with interest and share your valuable comments here😊😊😊
India easily win this t20 and odi series against australia.i have no interest in Australia series 😊😊😊.You might be missing my harsh comments.
i have no worries on winning or losing to aus.
I knew that kohli is playing in all formats for past one year.he didn't took rest before marriage.its only after marriage he is taking rest in more matches.😊😊
Bcci respect kohli until world cup 2019.if he fails to lift it people will criticise him bad.
You said ipl is good exposure so i said it's better to give rest to all key players in Australia series and get exposure in ipl.πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

India easily win this t20 and odi series against australia.i have no interest in Australia series 😊😊😊.You might be missing my harsh comments.
i have no worries on winning or losing to aus.
I knew that kohli is playing in all formats for past one year.he didn't took rest before marriage.its only after marriage he is taking rest in more matches.😊😊
Bcci respect kohli until world cup 2019.if he fails to lift it people will criticise him bad.
You said ipl is good exposure so i said it's better to give rest to all key players in Australia series and get exposure in ipl.πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘
Oh No, That's bad, DDF will miss you. If possible, Please watch and pass your comments 😊😊😊.

You compared Kohli with other players and asked why can't they be rested and I think your question was answered😊😊😊. I won't lose respect for Kohli even if he fails to lift the World Cup 2019 and so do BCCI. He is too big of a player than some trophies. His passion for Indian Cricket is unmatched. No other Indian player can lift a Test Series in Australia. It will stand as the biggest achievement in his career😊😊😊 And why do you stoop so low to go into a player's personal life, that too against someone who is so passionate for India and giving everything, when he is on the field. Can't you leave him alone when he is spending time with his family? So Rohit Sharma shouldn't have been sent home for his daughter's birth by this logic😊😊😊Understand one thing, they are also human and can have their personal life too. Sitting in front of a computer or mobile and passing such comments over personal life is very easy. But playing for the country is extremely difficult😊😊😊

Yes, I still stand by my words that IPL provides excellent exposure for all the Indian cricketers to play against International players. Indian cricket found so much domestic talent through IPL for sure and it changed dynamics of the Indian Cricket. Bumrahs, Chahals and Kuldeeps were noticed by the World through IPL😊😊😊 At the same time, rest will be given to those who are deserving, not to every key player. And as I said above, I answered your question as to why the other key players were not rested. Let me know which part is not clear and I will try to explain again😊😊😊

And If you want, we can open a poll on the forum and ask members to vote, whether IPL provides exposure to Indian Domestic Players or not. We will then understand if it's right or wrong😊😊😊. Let me know😊😊😊

Oh No, That's bad, DDF will miss you. If possible, Please watch and pass your comments 😊😊😊.

You compared Kohli with other players and asked why can't they be rested and I think your question was answered😊😊😊. I won't lose respect for Kohli even if he fails to lift the World Cup 2019 and so do BCCI. He is too big of a player than some trophies. His passion for Indian Cricket is unmatched. No other Indian player can lift a Test Series in Australia. It will stand as the biggest achievement in his career😊😊😊 And why do you stoop so low to go into a player's personal life, that too against someone who is so passionate for India and giving everything, when he is on the field. Can't you leave him alone when he is spending time with his family? So Rohit Sharma shouldn't have been sent home for his daughter's birth by this logic😊😊😊Understand one thing, they are also human and can have their personal life too. Sitting in front of a computer or mobile and passing such comments over personal life is very easy. But playing for the country is extremely difficult😊😊😊

Yes, I still stand by my words that IPL provides excellent exposure for all the Indian cricketers to play against International players. Indian cricket found so much domestic talent through IPL for sure and it changed dynamics of the Indian Cricket. Bumrahs, Chahals and Kuldeeps were noticed by the World through IPL😊😊😊 At the same time, rest will be given to those who are deserving, not to every key player. And as I said above, I answered your question as to why the other key players were not rested. Let me know which part is not clear and I will try to explain again😊😊😊

And If you want, we can open a poll on the forum and ask members to vote, whether IPL provides exposure to Indian Domestic Players or not. We will then understand if it's right or wrong😊😊😊. Let me know😊😊😊
@Siva - Will you watch ipl every single match?😊

People are very much interested in ipl than world cup😊
Ipl is not going to improve batting or captaincy.how captaincy improve with ipl seriously i don't understand.
World cup players should get selected based on first class matches like ranji trophy not with ipl.
If ipl is a exposure to players then we would have won most of world cups from 2011.sadly we won only one world cup 2011.😊
World cup 2012,2014,2015,2016 all losed.

If Ipl is not exposure to players just explain how we got the following players

Ashwin, Jadeja, Bumrah, Chahal, kuldeep, Hardik, Krunal & many more.

Leave winning world cups it requires collective effort of the whole team through out the series. Individuals can't win world cups & it will not work that way.

If Ipl is not exposure to players just explain how we got the following players

Ashwin, Jadeja, Bumrah, Chahal, kuldeep, Hardik, Krunal & many more.

Leave winning world cups it requires collective effort of the whole team through out the series. Individuals can't win world cups & it will not work that way.
All these players played well in ranji trophy like first class matches after that only they got famous in ipl.😊😊 Its based on their first class performance they get seleced not with ipl. jadeja smashed triple century in domestic matches.please check yourself.
It's because you watch ipl and it's famous so you saying ipl ipl.😊
Ipl is started fighting with kapil dev's icl.icl is created after humiliating loss in world cup 2007 group stage.ipl is money that's all

@Siva - Will you watch ipl every single match?😊
I'm interested in cricket. I watch Ranji Trophy, Irani Trophy, Duleep Trophy, Under 19, Ind A, Bilateral, IPL, BBL, TNPL and many other tournaments, provided I HAVE time😊😊😊
All these players played well in ranji trophy like first class matches after that only they got famous in ipl.😊😊 Its based on their first class performance they get seleced not with ipl. jadeja smashed triple century in domestic matches.please check yourself.
It's because you watch ipl and it's famous so you saying ipl ipl.😊
Ipl is started fighting with kapil dev's icl.icl is created after humiliating loss in world cup 2007 group stage.ipl is money that's all

Ok, So let's take each of these players and read their career profiles, as you said😊😊😊 Please read with patience.

Krunal Pandya:

A true blue IPL star
, Krunal Pandya is one of those players who despite being an uncapped international, remains one of the most sought-after names in the IPL. Left-handed and hard hitting with the bat, added to his left-arm spin puts him in a similar league of lower-order all-rounders, as that of his younger brother, Hardik Pandya.

Hailing from Vadodara, Krunal's first brush with cricket came at Kiran More's academy in the city. He soon became popular in the local cricketing circles for his ability to hit the big sixes, forming a partnership with Hardik that reminded the cricket watching folks in the city of the Pathan brothers. In 2016, despite not having made his first-class debut yet, the Mumbai Indians' talent scouts spotted his talent and franchise went after him aggressively to bag him for two crores.

He repaid the faith thrust on him immediately, with a stunning knock of 86 off just 37 deliveries against Delhi Daredevils. In the following season, he came into his own - with vital runs and wickets very consistently - to become one of Mumbai's most utility players of the season. This included a Man of the Match effort in the final. 2017's IPL though was only a culmination of a good domestic season, where he emerged as Baroda's leading run-getter and wicket-taker in the Vijay Hazare Trophy.

The selectors were quick to notice and called him up for India A's tri-series against South Africa A and Afghanistan A. The true reflection of his stocks however came at the 2018 IPL auctions, where teams took his price up 22 times from his base price to a whopping 8.8 crores, which the Mumbai Indians were happy to use their 'Right To Match' card for.

Hardik Pandya:

A wiry young lad from a small town in Gujarat, Hardik Pandya, with his tattoos and peroxide highlights, encapsulates the charisma and swagger of the modern-day Indian cricketer. The all-rounder was propelled into the big stage after constant exposure to prime-time television in the form of the Indian Premier League. A deep voice to go with the confidence and energy, and showing no sign of playing it safe, Pandya is the modern icon of audacity in the Indian side. Having gone through the hard grind of domestic cricket, Pandya shot to fame when he was picked up by an IPL franchise - a license to make his talent well-known on the big stage.

As several youngsters do in the modern era, Pandya announced himself to the world during the IPL
, portraying his swashbuckling ability to strike the ball, outstanding fielding, and some street-smart bowling that transcends the clichΓ© 'just rolls his arm over'. He made the world sit up when he soaked in the pressure and came good in crunch situations, playing a pivotal role in the Mumbai franchise's second title triumph, and winning two Man of the Match awards on his way. The Indian public and critics, who never fail to make comparisons, immediately had the inevitable question at the tip of their tongue: Had India found their first fast-bowling all-rounder since Kapil Dev?

Despite being predominantly noted for his explosive batting, Pandya is no slouch with the ball. In fact, it was his all-round skills which caught the attention of the T20 franchises during the Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament culminating a national contract. Pandya's merit was duly rewarded when he was named in India's ODI squad for the home series against New Zealand in 2016.

Yuzvendra Chahal:

Born in Haryana, Yuzvendra Chahal is a fine right-arm leg-spinner, who made his first-class debut at the age of 19 in an away game against Madhya Pradesh at Indore. Though he has not played many first-class games, he has been impressive in the shortest format and it also earned him an IPL contract with Mumbai Indians in 2011.

However, the Mumbai franchise did not give him many matches and he went into the auction pool for the 2014 edition of the IPL. It indeed was a blessing in disguise for the leggie as he was picked up the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), for whom he played an integral part in their bowling set up.

For the first time in his IPL career, Chahal played all the matches in a season and was one of Virat Kohli's go-to man in crunch situations. He started off the season very well in the UAE, but once the tournament returned to India, he couldn't get many wickets. However, he was economical throughout the season. He was also a contender for the Emerging Player of the Year award but he lost out to Axar Patel in the end.

Chahal has since then grown onto become the linchpin of Royal Challengers Bangalore's spin attack. While he doesn't have a deceptive googly, he more than makes up for it with his skiddy bowling action and accurate line and length. One of the few bowlers who doesn't mind to lure the batsmen with the flight, several of his wickets have come with the batsmen attempting to clear the fence.

His success in the shorter format of the game and Virat Kohli's first hand knowledge resulted in his inclusion in the Indian team - first for the Twenty20 format of the game and then the 50-over game. The tour to Zimbabwe in mid-2016 was the ideal opportunity to infuse fresh blood and Chahal took his chances with both hands, impressing in both forms of the game.

Jasprit Bumrah:

In an Indian team desperately searching for a death overs' bowler, Jasprit Bumrah came to the fore through the Indian premier league, as a boon for cricket in the country.
The scantily-built pacer from Gujarat has managed to perfect the art of bowling inch-perfect yorkers as an understudy to Lasith Malinga as a part of the Mumbai Indians franchise and has grown into an indispensable asset for the Indian team in the limited-overs format.

Kuldeep Yadav:

Yadav was finally handed his IPL debut and played three matches and provided an Return on Investment of six wickets at 16.67 apiece.
With regard to his potential, Kuldeep was given more exposure in the 2016 Duleep Trophy and he once again bamboozled the clueless batsmen. The chinaman ended the tournament with 17 wickets in three matches and played a major role in leading his side to the final of the tournament - a commendable feat for an alleged rookie.

Despite getting limited opportunities, Kuldeep’s traditional guile and equally unconventional style was now gaining recognition at the national level and he had delivered enough performances of substance to get a call-up to the Indian squad for the home Tests against Australia in 2017.

Ravindra Jadeja:

Jadeja's rise does have a lot to do with Dhoni's undying support but it was actually the IPL that found the Saurashtra boy - or rather the legendary Shane Warne to be precise. As captain of the Rajasthan franchise, the Australian spotted Jadeja's prowess and had said back in 2008-09 that this 'Rockstar' would go places.
He wasn't wrong at all. After featuring for Rajasthan briefly, Jadeja became an integral part of the Chennai outfit till the squad was briefly suspended after the 2015 season. During the side's two-year hiatus, its players were scattered across and Jadeja found himself with his native Gujarat franchise - a temporary side. With the Chennai squad returning from the 2018 season onwards, he was among the three people retained - proof enough of how much he is valued there. His white-ball form has seen a dip in recent times even in domestic cricket and he'll be keen to turn things around.

Ravichandran Ashwin:

Ravichandran Ashwin burst onto the scene with his smart and street-smart exploits in the shorter form of the game in the IPL

Source: Cricbuzz

So the above descriptions clearly articulate each one of these players made it to the big stage largely due to their performances in the IPL. In fact, Krunal Pandya didn't even play a first class game before making his debut in IPL😊😊😊 Bumrah's talent was noticed hugely in the IPL. And whole India knows how Jadeja got those many chances in International Cricket😊😊😊 So your statement of "All these players played well in ranji trophy like first class matches after that only they got famous in ipl" is not completely true😊😊😊. I think you are just passing comments out of thin air without checking any data or facts yourself. Please read, understand and then pass comments😊😊😊. IPL has a big role in the limited overs selection of Indian players. I will be happy to be proven otherwise, but the data says it all. And these are only few players we analyzed and there are several other players who were handed International caps based on their IPL performances, the list goes on😊😊😊 And there is no denying the fact that the Ranji/List-A plays a big role as well in the International selection, especially for test selection. But, saying that IPL doesn't have a role in the International selection is silly😊😊😊 Even I was thinking this way earlier, but that's just ignorance. Not only in India, even in countries like Australia, BBL plays a big role in limited overs player selection. Chris Lynn and several other players got selected only because of their performances in tournaments like BBL😊😊😊 IPL may be dealing with a huge amount of money, but it has it's uses in terms of finding players because of the money involved. The franchisees have scouts who go deep into the Indian villages to find cricketing talents even from gully cricket😊😊😊 That is impossible through domestic cricket. So you need to come out of your bubble and admit facts😊😊😊

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock