India Restricts Import of Laptops, Computers, and Tablets

Govt stays implementation of laptop, PC import curbs till October 31

"Import consignments can be cleared till October 31, 2023 without a licence for restricted imports," the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) stated in the notification.

Thankfully this happened. I was just about to raise a laptop replacement request at Office on 3rd when the announcement came.
Now unless my company panics, I would get a new laptop...

Hilariously, Jio's laptops are Made in China. 🤦🏻
Yes, and it costs around 6k INR (in Alibaba - Watch LTT YT channel as well as A2D Tamil YT Channel for more infos) and this ban will affect them as well, unless they shift most of the assembling to India within Nov 1.
Conclusion- Govt. Works for betterment of JIO/Reliance.😆😆
How ? This ban will affect them (JioBook) as well. This move will force them to do most of the assembling part here.

EDIT:-
It has already started (Reliance looking for Local players to assemble JioBook in India) happening. Link HERE.

Last edited:
Yes, and it costs around 6k INR (in Alibaba - Watch LTT YT channel as well as A2D Tamil YT Channel for more infos) and this ban will affect them as well, unless they shift most of the assembling to India within Nov 1.
Can you post the link about it?

Why are people calling Jio's chromebook equivalents as laptops? Have people never seen a laptop in their lives??
True. JioBook is toy for kids like just imagine one morning you wakes up and your office colleagues are using 'Made in China' laptop in meeting 🤣 Jio stamped laptop.
Your life would turn into living hell of Internet Explorer 🐢

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock