Breaking India not to host ICC Champions Trophy 2021 as BCCI against ODI to T20 format change

My opinion is that Cricket World Cup should be played with atleast 16 teams because it is a world cup so many teams as much as possible should participate. While you see in Football World Cup 32 teams play. ICC should not reduce the teams they should only increase the teams for every Cricket World Cup.
I also feel the same. World Cup should be played with as many teams as possible and Champions Trophy with the top 8 as it is now.

But the question is can all the associate teams provide exciting cricket to fill up the stadium or even give some fair competition to the major sides is a big question. I dont know whether there were many one sided contest in football world cup with 32 nations competing with each other. But certainly in cricket I dont remember any associate team except Ireland who pulled off some stunning victories against Pakistan and England. Anyways I'm more excited with the 2019 format. All teams will play each other and then the World Champion will be decided by pure talent and not by some random luck in group stages. Gives fair chances to the top teams to recover from one off bad days like India had against Bangladesh and Ireland pulling off a miracle against Pakistan and England.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock