Breaking India not to host ICC Champions Trophy 2021 as BCCI against ODI to T20 format change

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
The ICC Champions Trophy, the second most renowned 50-over tournament after the World Cup, could soon be switched to a Twenty20 format by the International Cricket Council (ICC) for the upcoming edition.

However, it is reported that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), which has been at loggerheads with the game’s global governing body wants the ICC Champions Trophy to remain as it is.

India not to host ICC Champions Trophy 2021 as BCCI against ODI to T20 format change?

ICC going on the wrong way:dodgy:
Why they are changing format:wall:
T20 is gaining more fame and poularity than ODI I thing its a good move
Yeah its so bizarre to change the Champions Trophy from ODI to T20I format. I'm supporting BCCI this time. The World Cup and the Champions Trophy are the most prestigious ODI tournaments which is admired and respected across all cricketing nations. As far as T20 we already have a World T20. So if they think T20 is gaining more polularity then they can play more Tri-Nation series instead of tampering with already reputed Champions Trophy which will only demerit the ODI format.

Yeah its so bizarre to change the Champions Trophy from ODI to T20I format. I'm supporting BCCI this time. The World Cup and the Champions Trophy are the most prestigious ODI tournaments which is admired and respected across all cricketing nations. As far as T20 we already have a World T20. So if they think T20 is gaining more polularity then they can play more Tri-Nation series instead of tampering with already reputed Champions Trophy which will only demerit the ODI format.
They can do 1 more thing
50 Overs World Cup once in 4 yrs
20 Overs World Cup Once in 2 Yrs
Champions Trophy 50 Overs in between ODI & T20 World Cup
Champions Trophy T20 in between ODI & T20 World Cup Alternatively like Asia Cup prior which Wolrd Cup is nearing

Bro but from 2019 wc there is only 10 teams participating and there is 8 teams in champions trophy so it will surely reduce worldcups value if they continue champions trophy as the same 50ovr format

They can do 1 more thing
50 Overs World Cup once in 4 yrs
20 Overs World Cup Once in 2 Yrs
Champions Trophy 50 Overs in between ODI & T20 World Cup
Champions Trophy T20 in between ODI & T20 World Cup Alternatively like Asia Cup prior which Wolrd Cup is nearing
Already ICC was about to stop Champions Trophy and they were planning for Test Championship to replace that. I think that was fair enough. One championship tournament for each format. But if Test Championship which is taking more time to materialise then ODI champions trophy will be more valuable considering there is not much time to play 2 championship tournaments for ODI and T20I's.
Bro but from 2019 wc there is only 10 teams participating and there is 8 teams in champions trophy so it will surely reduce worldcups value if they continue champions trophy as the same 50ovr format
But the format for this 2019 WC is far more exciting with only one group and each team will be playing the other 9 teams once and the top 4 playing the knockouts. And the Champions Trophy irrespective of no of teams, will give an opportunity for the world cup champion to establish that they are the best like India did in 2011 and 2013. Gives fair chances to estimate who the real champion is :) Just my opinion bro. But anyways lets see what happens.

Already ICC was about to stop Champions Trophy and they were planning for Test Championship to replace that. I think that was fair enough. One championship tournament for each format. But if Test Championship which is taking more time to materialise then ODI champions trophy will be more valuable considering there is not much time to play 2 championship tournaments for ODI and T20I's.

But the format for this 2019 WC is far more exciting with only one group and each team will be playing the other 9 teams once and the top 4 playing the knockouts. And the Champions Trophy irrespective of no of teams, will give an opportunity for the world cup champion to establish that they are the best like India did in 2011 and 2013. Gives fair chances to estimate who the real champion is :) Just my opinion bro. But anyways lets see what happens.
Your points totally matching with my points:wink:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock