How to install Chrome on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS ?

Newb_Dxer said:
Bro,

Thanks for the link for Chrome.

Any link for upgrading to Ubuntu 16 from Ubuntu 14 ?

Regards,

try this
Upgrading from Ubuntu 14.04 LTS or 15.10
To upgrade on a desktop system:
  • Open the "Software & Updates" Setting in System Settings.
  • Select the 3rd Tab called "Updates".
  • Set the "Notify me of a new Ubuntu version" dropdown menu to "For any new version" if you are using 15.10, set it to "long-term support versions" if you are using 14.04 LTS.
  • Press Alt+F2 and type in "update-manager" (without the quotes) into the command box.
  • Software Updater should open up and tell you: New distribution release '16.04 LTS' is available.
  • Click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.

or download ubuntu 16.04 and upgrade manually

sumitroy said:
try this
Upgrading from Ubuntu 14.04 LTS or 15.10
  • Set the "Notify me of a new Ubuntu version" dropdown menu to "For any new version" if you are using 15.10, set it to "long-term support versions" if you are using 14.04 LTS.
  • Press Alt+F2 and type in "update-manager" (without the quotes) into the command box.
  • Software Updater should open up and tell you: New distribution release '16.04 LTS' is available.

or download ubuntu 16.04 and upgrade manually

Hi,

Ubuntu 16 has been downloaded,now which option to click for "open with" ?

Newb_Dxer said:
Hi,

Ubuntu 16 has been downloaded,now which option to click for "open with" ?

if you downloaded ubuntu 16 then install just as you installed ubuntu 14 (remember to remove ubuntu 14 during setup process)
It's a iso file you'll need to burn iso to disk or in pendrive (use this tool (if running this tool in ubuntu use wine
))
But first you should try to fix windows then remove ubuntu 14.04 completely and then install ubuntu 16.04 properly

sumitroy said:
if you downloaded ubuntu 16 then install just as you installed ubuntu 14 (remember to remove ubuntu 14 during setup process)
It's a iso file you'll need to burn iso to disk or in pendrive (use this tool (if running this tool in ubuntu use wine
))
But first you should try to fix windows then remove ubuntu 14.04 completely and then install ubuntu 16.04 properly

I have Ubuntu 14 on CD and it seems to be a genuine one with Ubuntu written on it and WIN Vista on Pen Drive.

Should I now create a new USB drive with Ubuntu 16 on it ?

Is it not possible to install Ubuntu 16 directly from the downloaded Ubuntu 16 file ?

Newb_Dxer said:
I have Ubuntu 14 on CD and it seems to be a genuine one with Ubuntu written on it and WIN Vista on Pen Drive.

Should I now create a new USB drive with Ubuntu 16 on it ?

Is it not possible to install Ubuntu 16 directly from the downloaded Ubuntu 16 file ?
no its not possible...its iso file you'll need to burn either in cd or pen drive
try this
log on into ubuntu 14.04 and follow these steps (to upgrade)

sumitroy said:
no its not possible...its iso file you'll need to burn either in cd or pen drive
try this
log on into ubuntu 14.04 and follow these steps (to upgrade)

I see.
So in this upgrade method we dont need to burn the iso file to pen drive or CD ?

Newb_Dxer said:
I see.
So in this upgrade method we dont need to burn the iso file to pen drive or CD ?

no need

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock