Breaking Hotstar X - a major upgraded experience of Disney+ Hotstar

Does Disney+ Hotstar rolled out the new UI to all Android users? I left beta version today and installed back normal. But I got the same new UI.
I have learned that it's a server-side rollout on select accounts. The apk or version hardly makes much difference.

I have learned that it's a server-side rollout on select accounts. The apk or version hardly makes much difference.
Yes, it was a server side rollout. I got the new skin without a playstore update. But I thought it was limited to beta users as I was in their beta program then. Anyway its irritating to use without tabs and sections.
Can u share apk file
I don't know how to share. I got it through Play Store.

it was a server side rollout. I got the new skin without a playstore update. But I thought it was limited to beta users as I was in their beta program then.
The thing is, they essentially made apk irrelevant now. They are basically sending what to render and design from backend dubbed as BFF architecture (Backend for Frontend). One of the reasons why they are able to make changes to the UI as they want..

Probably, one of the reasons why it's slightly sluggish in performing actions... Let's see when they officially launch.

Last edited:
Got the new ui update from beta update.... Don't know why they removed the tabs, sluggish too....
F4VJF8y.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock