Discussion Hotstar Upgrade Not Available For Jio Fiber Anymore?

Sivabhaskar

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Has anyone recently been able to upgrade their Hotstar VIP (bought via Jio Fiber) to a Hotstar Premium subscription, by paying the difference?

I recharged my Jio Fiber connection with the 1499 plan (for 1 year) on Aug 27, which activated the Hotstar VIP subscription, valid until September 21, 2022 (for 13 months).

Today, when I tried to upgrade the VIP subscription to Premium, there was no upgrade option.

Hotstar asked me to pay the full Rs.1499 (for 12 months) for a fresh Hotstar Premium subscription.

When I spoke with Hotstar Customer Care, they explained that even though the VIP Plan is valid for more than a year, Jio has set it up as a "Monthly Plan".

Meaning, the VIP Plan automatically renews every 30 days, for 13 months.

And according to Hotstar's terms and conditions, 'monthly' plans are NOT ELIGIBLE for upgrades!

So, it appears as though the Hotstar VIP to Premium upgrade option for Jio Fiber customers does not exist anymore.

Is that the case? 🤔

May be the upgrade option was scrapped due to the introduction of new Hotstar plans, which are launching the day after tomorrow. 🤔

Hotstar VIP (activated through Jio Fiber) customers can now access all English content as well. There will be no change in the Hotstar subscription's validity.

I am an existing subscriber of Jio STB plan. How will the new Hotstar plans impact me?​

There will not be any change in your existing subscription. You will now have full access to all Disney+ Hotstar content on our platform.

Source:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock