Hero ISL 2020-21 Season

ISL craze is gone here. Stadium use to sell out. I use to get free passes. People use to advance book passes. Since last 2-3 years no one even bothers asking. Even the stadium is barely half full. They need to move from Guwahati to Shillong where football is more appreciated.

Yes. They don't have money to pay Player salary. Unless investors will come in, it is hard for EB to even play in I League. But some handle say that Investors are negotiating with Nitu for share holding pattern. Nitu doesn't want to sell majority of share and all. It's becoming more complicated for EB fans and the club itself.

Waiting for the official declaration.
East Bengal club officials still say 'Investors' and Shree cement officials saying 'acquisition'.
This could be the stopping point.
EB officials want to continue ruling the club with other peoples money, it seems.
If 75:25 or 80:20 ownership arrangement comes, EB officials will not have prominence in the board or in the administration.
Shree Cement to acquire iconic football club, East Bengal
Like Mohun Bagan, East Bengal too are forced to give away majority stake to investors | Goal.com

East Bengal on alert as FSDL invites bid for new team in ISL 2020-21 | Goal.com

bid_kb0p1335lcxb1jagh8r9xe1yh.jpg

Asked about the new name of the team, Sett said there will be a prefix to East Bengal.
"It cannot be Shree East Bengal as per the FIFA rules. It has to be something else. We are toying up with the ideas. It''s still in the process."
East Bengal's Investor Form New Company Shree Cement Foundation to Submit ISL Bid

I think they can rename to "SC East Bengal", SC is used for Sports (Soccer) Club by many clubs, can be also interpreted as Shree Cements.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock