HBO Max launching soon in India

Prithi Deb

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
HBO Max might be launching soon in India. As early as within the next 3 months. They are currently studying the market for the pricing.

They are planning to launch 3 tiers of subscription: Ad Supported, Mobile Plan and Standard Plan. They are also looking at long-term discounted plans.

I don't think it would be the case as it's gonna be a useless service without HBO original which are with Hotstar. Without the original tv content. I don't see them succeeding with HBO Max content alone.

I don't think it would be the case as it's gonna be a useless service without HBO original which are with Hotstar. Without the original tv content. I don't see them succeeding with HBO Max content alone.
I don't know how are they going to do this. But apparently all the content will be there.

But recently Warner Media had given the rights of DC shows and new WB movies to Amazon Prime. Friends Reunion rights are with Zee5. I don't think this actions and deals were done for a small time. What about that..?
Whenever HBO Max launches in India, surely it will have HBO shows. Note that Hotstar deal with HBO happened when Fox was it's parent. And probably Disney may not show interests in renewing or holding the deal. Also Amazon prime's Hollywood library shrinks as it bears the rights of most WB movies in India.

You guys ever wished that if a Streaming service comes bundled with a Mobile or Broadband Recharge/Plan, then the data used in it should not be counted towards the Data Quota?

You guys ever wished that if a Streaming service comes bundled with a Mobile or Broadband Recharge/Plan, then the data used in it should not be counted towards the Data Quota?
Bro, this is not America. We had some Wynk Music plan on Airtel where data was not counted against the prepaid plan. I think it discontinued after net neutrality was introduced. Plans like that would be against the Internet laws in our country.

Facebook basics was there. They tied up with the then Reliance Communications. It was against the concept of Net neutrality. So TRAI stopped it. That type of plan can't be launched in India.

I thought this was common knowledge, they have been hiring very aggressively in India since Jan this year. One of my friends was also interviewed but didn't get in. He was told of a July launch, but with no advertising it seems highly unlikely noe. Probably the second wave delayed it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock