• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,824

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
New Delhi, April 21: Gandhian Anna Hazare has expressed happiness at the letter written by Congress chief Sonia Gandhi assuring him that she does not support "politics of smear campaign" and that she was strongly committed to the institution of Lokpal.

"Sonia Gandhi has written to me. I was happy to read her letter that she never supported nor will support those who are attacking me," Hazare said.

His response came to Gandhi''s reply to the letter written by him complaining against her "colleagues" who were trying to derail the joint drafting committee on Lokpal Bill.

Writing to Hazare, Gandhi said she believes there is "urgent necessity" to combat graft and corruption and he should not "doubt my commitment in the fight for probity in public life".

She pointed out that the Lokpal bill is very much part of the agenda of the NAC and a Working Group has been formed to evolve broad principles for discussion and approval in the next meeting of the Council on April 28.

"As for the statements appearing in the media, let me assure you that I do not support nor encourage the politics of smear campaigns," Gandhi said in her letter to Hazare.

She was replying to Hazare's letter sent on Monday in which the social activist said a "smear" campaign had been launched against civil society members of the joint drafting committee on Lokpal Bill and asked her to advise her "colleagues" not to try to derail the process of drafting of law.

PTI

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock