Breaking Government Pushes for More Self-Censorship on Streaming

From the very introduction of moving images,i.e. cinema and television, conservatives and religious zealots have proclaimed them anti- values / detrimental to society.

It is very easy to blame media's like p**n, movies /OTT( as in this case) for the rapes and all the anti- societal things as of today.

For, e.g. when Nirbhaya raped took place in 2012, there was no 4g or OTT. Still raped happened due to sick mentality of the guys.

Many So called "god-men" raped and are on the run / in jail. They never watched these OTTs. The catholic priests raped and abused many boys.... Were these OTTs to be blamed?

Most importantly, if the OTTs had a direct correlation to the the rapes and other immoral activities , then almost all of the Western society would have been destructed by now.

Rape and other unethical activities have been happening since many ages.

Is the OTT or the societal attitude is to be blamed?

Think...

There r range of factors but surely in diff societies various things impact adversely or positively , good n bad always existed and will in future but just letting all things set free has its own flaws. By the way it is still the strong spiritual connect which has made Bharat progress despite all the challenges and it is the scale which auto checks or corrects in our emotions what is sensible or terrible for over all well being

That logic doesn't applied to n*d*ty but movies like KGF. The lead character kept on stalking the girl then emotionally manipulating the girl about his dead mother. And the girl forgets that he was forcefully stalking.
Great observation. :LOL:
I bet no one saw it like that.
If we would've done these things irl, we would end up in jail. :ROFLMAO:

The irony or the hypocrisy is that we blame the media for showing female n*d*ty / female empowerment / assertion yet we continue to make box office hits and make stars out of people who make movies about toxic mentalities and regressive machoness. Male n*d*ty is ok..?

I mostly watch english movies. And I don't want a cut in there.
There are two types of sensuality or n*d*ty in film. One is normal in Hollywood film (like in bond films, or terminator 1984, eyes wide shut, the blue lagoon) etc
another is in bollywood movie and OTT content where it's forcefully, rape scene, violence against women etc. I don't support the second one. It's too much..

That movie, Kabir Singh promotes these sorts of regressive and toxic macho mentality in the society. Still that movie and its original is a hit.

Buddy, Kabir Singh or others r just characters be it fictional or inspired from reality.... They r not promoting anything, i have not watched movie but quite sure it must have dealt with shades of personality in right proportions. If we start banning showing all dark matter then it will again be wrong.

Similarly i do not buy argument that 90s bollywood films promoted eve teasing, there was an innocence and playfulness displayed in those movies which is common among young people. Girls or Boys pull legs or play pranks or try to propose in diff ways. Its about how u pen the story, dialogues or context of film or show.

I mostly watch english movies. And I don't want a cut in there.
There are two types of sensuality or n*d*ty in film. One is normal in Hollywood film (like in bond films, or terminator 1984, eyes wide shut, the blue lagoon) etc
another is in bollywood movie and OTT content where it's forcefully, rape scene, violence against women etc. I don't support the second one. It's too much..
Both are same. Both project human bodies as *** objects. Those item songs in bollywood also falls in same category.
Buddy, Kabir Singh or others r just characters be it fictional or inspired from reality.... They r not promoting anything, i have not watched movie but quite sure it must have dealt with shades of personality in right proportions. If we start banning showing all dark matter then it will again be wrong.

Similarly i do not buy argument that 90s bollywood films promoted eve teasing, there was an innocence and playfulness displayed in those movies which is common among young people. Girls or Boys pull legs or play pranks or try to propose in diff ways. Its about how u pen the story, dialogues or context of film or show.
The first scene of Kabir Singh. Kabir Singh tried to rape a girl at knife point. You don't find that wrong? What repercussion did he face for that even in the movie?

And coming to 90s movie. Somethings are seriously wrong with that. If a girl says no. The actor keeps on stalking her in the songs until she falls for it. Stalking here is potrait as innocence, playfullness and romantic. I am glad we moved past that age.

Last edited:
All that needs to be censored are scenes that promote anti-national sentiment or encourage acts of terrorism or separatist ideology in areas of political unrest. On the sexual front only scenes related to child sexual abuse need to be censored.
Nothing else deserves censorship when private streaming on OTT platforms is concerned, be it bold language (abusive words), portrayal of adult back n*d*ty (not frontal), depiction of any political sensitive topic (so long as it doesn't use real party names and has a disclaimer stating that it has no relation with any person living or dead).
Viewers can exercise their discretion when it comes to choosing what content they wish to stream and what they find offensive. OTT platforms clearly mention the age rating for you to make an informed choice. But this moral policing in the name of Indian culture and tradition needs to be given a rest. Let the media houses have the freedom of expression to depict bold content, if it makes you uncomfortable just don't stream it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock