Breaking Government planning to discontinue Garib Rath

Abhinav

Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Central government is planning to discontinue Garib Rath Express trains, Railway ministry has already ordered to stop manufacturing Garib Rath coaches.

Garib Rath fares are less than two-thirds of the fares for air-conditioned classes in other trains, the distance between each seat or berth is less, the seats and berths are narrower and each coach has more seats and berths than in air-conditioned coaches in other trains

Garib Rath trains will either be completely phased out or will be converted into mail or express trains.

Government planning to discontinue Garib Rath. Here's how it will impact the common man

Last edited:
Never seem to encounter garib's (poor) use garib raths. Garib's uses general compartment. They should increase more compartments of general section. 2 years back I traveled from a small town in Bengal where reservations weren't available. I was in a hurry to leave. I was hoping to pay fine and travel in reservation dabba. To my surprise all reservations gates were closed and train was about to leave. I had to go in general compartment. It was overcrowded, disgustingly gross and was by far the most horrifying experience I ever had in my life. At a moment I started crying. Finally I reached a big station. Got down. One of my cousin sister lived in that town. Spend the night. Then travelled by passenger train next morning.

My request to Govt is to decongest some routes where traffic is high by starting more trains. There is a need to do so looking at the current situation inspite of constraints.There are some trains where the tickets are gone on the first day when the reservation opens 4 months before. The need for the modernization is there but the first basic need should be addressed in my view.

My request to Govt is to decongest some routes where traffic is high by starting more trains. There is a need to do so looking at the current situation inspite of constraints.There are some trains where the tickets are gone on the first day when the reservation opens 4 months before. The need for the modernization is there but the first basic need should be addressed in my view.
I agree I tried to book Rajdhani Second Class ticket two months ago from Delhi for my parents since they need lower birth I gave my preference but did not get the seat. It is a shame that even two months before we cannot get Lower birth. :mad::mad::mad:

Central government is planning to discontinue Garib Rath Express trains, Railway ministry has already ordered to stop manufacturing Garib Rath coaches.

Garib Rath fares are less than two-thirds of the fares for air-conditioned classes in other trains, the distance between each seat or berth is less, the seats and berths are narrower and each coach has more seats and berths than in air-conditioned coaches in other trains

Garib Rath trains will either be completely phased out or will be converted into mail or express trains.

Government planning to discontinue Garib Rath. Here's how it will impact the common man
Oh man this is sad. I frequently use the Garib Rath to travel back and forth my home :(

I agree I tried to book Rajdhani Second Class ticket two months ago from Delhi for my parents since they need lower birth I gave my preference but did not get the seat. It is a shame that even two months before we cannot get Lower birth. :mad::mad::mad:

There are some important routes connecting stations I need not take name where there are single train connecting these.The rush is I cannot describe.Only from 2nd AC you are spared where tickets are comparing to plane tickets which all cannot afford.The problem you described is there should be an algorithm in irctc booking when you put senior citizen it should automatically scan the entire train for that class and provide you an option whether you want to go for the booking if the seats are not there.Also during summer it will be a bonus if you can book ticket from irctc for north bound trains even on the first day leave alone tatkal where probability is very low as there are not enough trains.

They should complete that Freight corridor ASAP to free up time slots and routes. I would be happy to pay a little more to enjoy a better service rather than the pathetic service they are giving us now. The priority should also be to increase the average speed of a train. Right now it is really a headache for long distance travel.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock