Got an Airtel Xstream Fiber connection. Impressive first impressions

Yes, they try this with every new customer. I was also offered but outrightly rejected the offer due to same reason. DTH nowadays is pretty useless and indoor coverage is hit or miss for airtel. My parents place which is double story independent building is suffering from poor coverage while Jio doesn't.
Yes. Poor signals from 4G networks for indoor connectivity, even wifi calling is also has no quality. We required to lock lower 4G band (band 5 for Jio and band 8 in Airtel), which gives good signals as Samsung phones with Exynos chipset supports.

No Internet from last night due to cable cut. Apparently there was some wiring done by a local iSP last night and my cable is suddenly snatched out of Airtel's box. Confronted the local iSP about it they outright rejecting tampering with any other cables.

Still waiting for a resolution from Airtel. They promised to resolve by 12.20 but no update yet. Lets see

No Internet from last night due to cable cut. Apparently there was some wiring done by a local iSP last night and my cable is suddenly snatched out of Airtel's box. Confronted the local iSP about it they outright rejecting tampering with any other cables.

Still waiting for a resolution from Airtel. They promised to resolve by 12.20 but no update yet. Lets see
Airtel broadband if serviced by lco then it's really bad. No resolution for week in cable cut case, ordered Jio fibre and happy with lower plans and great service.

Airtel broadband if serviced by lco then it's really bad. No resolution for week in cable cut case, ordered Jio fibre and happy with lower plans and great service.
Not sure if any LCO is handling it but they closed my ticket without resolution. I called to Telangana CC number then, and they promised a resolution by tomorrow. Immediately, Airtel's Area business head called and asked me for a photo of cut wire near the box. I provided it and he said that the technician will slice it up and fix it soon. Hoping to be resolved by tonight

Couldnt afford to be on Jio Hotspot for long as my QoS was getting effected. So activated the old Act connection on min plan. Well, surprisingly it worked without even calling CC. Was able to activate on ACT's app itself within 15 mins

For now, based on my work load and huge dependency on a stable network, I think its safe for me to keep two connections at min plans.

Good that I had Act connection activated. No resolution from Airtel so far. CC promised that it will be resolved tomorrow as they need special equipment for fibre slicing. Lets see

they closed my ticket without resolution.
Seriously? :(

I thought only my BSNL broadband complaints were getting closed that way. I expected private telecoms to be professional.

Moreover, don't they need the happy code (OTP) sent to your Registered Mobile Number before they can close out an open ticket?

Back at my father's house in Salem, all Airtel Broadband complaints were closed only after the attending technicians asked us for the happy code.

I wonder how the BSNL guys are closing my complaints though. BSNL too sends me OTP for closing complaints. But these guys never ask me for the OTP!

Seriously? :(

I thought only my BSNL broadband complaints were getting closed that way. I expected private telecoms to be professional.

Moreover, don't they need the happy code (OTP) sent to your Registered Mobile Number before they can close out an open ticket?

Back at my father's house in Salem, all Airtel Broadband complaints were closed only after the attending technicians asked us for the happy code.

I wonder how the BSNL guys are closing my complaints though. BSNL too sends me OTP for closing complaints. But these guys never ask me for the OTP!
No Idea. They didnt even call me before closing. Looks like they checked the connectivity in the backend and thought everything is fine.

Hoping for a resolution today. I have the personal contact number of area manager now. Will bug him like anything until this is done 😂

In my town also, recently launched Airtel Xstream fiber is handled by LCO. But I am using one Local BB from Airtel Postpaid dealer who is good friend of me (further I have Airtel Postpaid Corp connections for 8 years) who is actually buying bandwidth from Airtel itself. He initially provided BB service through Wireless (5GHz) and now via fiber. He has given me main connection via fiber and backup via the Wireless service and I am using a switch like this (bought for Rs200 years back) to select the one required. The switch has now become costly, but still cheaper than going for Load balancing router.. His service is very good, handles cable cut issue within 2 hours. But still, I can use the wireless BB till it gets resolved, thanks to that 2in1 switch.

Coming to the point, if going for LCO based connections from Airtel or BSNL, make sure that he has earlier experience like Local BB provider. Else if you are forced to have one extra backup connection, you can consider the 2in1 switch like shown above. No, the link is NOT affiliated one. The sad thing is, even a simple device like this is not yet manufactured in India.

In my town also, recently launched Airtel Xstream fiber is handled by LCO. But I am using one Local BB from Airtel Postpaid dealer who is good friend of me (further I have Airtel Postpaid Corp connections for 8 years) who is actually buying bandwidth from Airtel itself. He initially provided BB service through Wireless (5GHz) and now via fiber. He has given me main connection via fiber and backup via the Wireless service and I am using a switch like this (bought for Rs200 years back) to select the one required. The switch has now become costly, but still cheaper than going for Load balancing router.. His service is very good, handles cable cut issue within 2 hours. But still, I can use the wireless BB till it gets resolved, thanks to that 2in1 switch.

Coming to the point, if going for LCO based connections from Airtel or BSNL, make sure that he has earlier experience like Local BB provider. Else if you are forced to have one extra backup connection, you can consider the 2in1 switch like shown above. No, the link is NOT affiliated one. The sad thing is, even a simple device like this is not yet manufactured in India.
Thanks for the switch Idea. Now that I have 2 connections and 2 floors to cover, this might prove worthy. Will check it out. Will have to see how if works out with PPPoE setups of Act/Airtel

Regarding the Airtel connection, these guys are basically new, and from the looks of it, I think they are genuinely employed by Airtel itself and is not something like an LCO arrangement. Its similar to what we have for ACT fibernet here.

One good thing is that I now have 3 options to choose from. 2 Local iSPs (1 Fiber, 1 regular), Act and Airtel. The pole is a mess with a gazillion wires but feels good to have this choice

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock