Got an Airtel Xstream Fiber connection. Impressive first impressions

greylala91

Contributor
Reaction score
Airtel started its service in my area 2 weeks back. I got the connection yesterday. Very effective team working here. Sales person, cable technicians and Router setup engineer, all are well trained. Its direct Fiber to home, ONU device and Router.

Eventhough landline facility is present, its not provided under installation. Had to get an old BSNL landline device and wire from my friend. Its 7 years old but still works :)

Happy with the service so far. Getting 120-130 mbps on 5Ghz band. 80mbps on 2.4Ghz... Coverage is good but it doesnot carry upto next floor. Had to use RJ45 and wired repeater feature on another router (Mi 4A Gigabit edition) and it works flawlessly. Used to have the same setup on my old Act Fibernet connection

Act Fibernet connection is going to expire in 10 days and I might not recharge it again if Airtel continues to be this awesome. After a long stint with Act for over 10 years (when it was Beam), its heartbreaking to see that they took 3 days to rectify a simple socket swap on the dabba (thats what the technician called it :) )

Airtel started its service in my area 2 weeks back. I got the connection yesterday. Very effective team working here. Sales person, cable technicians and Router setup engineer, all are well trained. Its direct Fiber to home, ONU device and Router.

Eventhough landline facility is present, its not provided under installation. Had to get an old BSNL landline device and wire from my friend. Its 7 years old but still works :)

Happy with the service so far. Getting 120-130 mbps on 5Ghz band. 80mbps on 2.4Ghz... Coverage is good but it doesnot carry upto next floor. Had to use RJ45 and wired repeater feature on another router (Mi 4A Gigabit edition) and it works flawlessly. Used to have the same setup on my old Act Fibernet connection

Act Fibernet connection is going to expire in 10 days and I might not recharge it again if Airtel continues to be this awesome. After a long stint with Act for over 10 years (when it was Beam), its heartbreaking to see that they took 3 days to rectify a simple socket swap on the dabba (thats what the technician called it :) )
Congratulations 🎉, you gonna enjoy airtel after act's recent service experience. I was also long time customer of act but they literally forced me to dump them.

Airtel contacted me today to switch to Airtel Black by getting a postpaid connection. Xtreme box is also on offer. Since there are no proper signals of Airtel at my place, I have decided not to subscribe. But they assured that they will have a look and try to improve. Nothing happened on numerous complaints over 3 years, so lets see if they do it for Airtel Black... If they do improve the network, I will probably move my primary number to Airtel postpaid, along with 2 child connections. Existing Airtel Black plans are with DTH included, I am not interested in DTH, so it will be interesting to see what offer they provide for only broadband and postpaid.

Airtel contacted me today to switch to Airtel Black by getting a postpaid connection. Xtreme box is also on offer. Since there are no proper signals of Airtel at my place, I have decided not to subscribe. But they assured that they will have a look and try to improve. Nothing happened on numerous complaints over 3 years, so lets see if they do it for Airtel Black... If they do improve the network, I will probably move my primary number to Airtel postpaid, along with 2 child connections. Existing Airtel Black plans are with DTH included, I am not interested in DTH, so it will be interesting to see what offer they provide for only broadband and postpaid.
They have a plan of Rs.1598/- under which you get unlimited broadband @200mbps, 2 postpaid connections, landline connection with unlimited calls alongwith one year free Prime Video and one year free Xstream App. I think it is a good buy.

Yes, they try this with every new customer. I was also offered but outrightly rejected the offer due to same reason. DTH nowadays is pretty useless and indoor coverage is hit or miss for airtel. My parents place which is double story independent building is suffering from poor coverage while Jio doesn't.

Is anyone able to utilise wynk music subscribtion that comes with these plans? I am getting a basic free plan with ads
CpQbARE.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock