Google teams up with LyricFind to display song lyrics in search results

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Google has partnered with lyric licensing service, LyricFind to display song lyrics in search results. Lyrics from more than 4,000 publishers will be added to Google Search and Google Play Music.

When you search for songs with the word “lyrics” included in the Google search, you will see them displayed within the results. Google Play Music will also display lyrics in the app.
Founded in 2004, LyricFind is a Toronto-based company that licenses lyrics from all the major publishers, including Universal Music Publishing Group, Sony/ATV, Warner/Chappell Music Publishing and Kobalt.

LyricFind CEO Darryl Ballantyne said,
We’re happy to expand the depth and quality of lyrics available on Google’s services. We’re working together to make lyrics available to a larger audience in a faster and more efficient way.

The terms of the deal were not disclosed. Song lyrics will start showing up in search results starting from today in the US and the feature should roll out globally as its partnership includes international licenses.

This will be a welcome move for lot of users as they will not have to click through to a third-party site to know lyrics of their favorite song.

Google teams up with LyricFind to display song lyrics in search results

When i searched for a Hindi Song Lyrics, i didn't get it (Anyways i wasn't expecting it to find lyrics of a Hindi Song)
but i got lyrics for a English Song :tup

HmJe7sZ.png

VnqygEa.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock