Google Fuchsia OS News & Updates

Google finally acknowledges Fuchsia OS, says it’s just an experiment

At Google’s I/O developer conference this week, senior vice president of Android and Chrome Hiroshi Lockheimer offered a little more information as to what is happening with Fuchsia.
We’re looking at what a new take on an operating system could be like. And so I know out there people are getting pretty excited saying, ‘Oh this is the new Android,’ or, ‘This is the new Chrome OS,’” Lockheimer said. “Fuchsia is really not about that. Fuchsia is about just pushing the state of the art in terms of operating systems and things that we learn from Fuchsia we can incorporate into other products

Lockheimer went on to drop more hints with regard to the future of Fuchsia at an Android fireside chat at I/O
It’s not just phones and PCs. In the world of [the Internet of Things], there are an increasing number of devices that require operating systems and new runtimes and so on. I think there’s a lot of room for multiple operating systems with different strengths and specializations. Fuchsia is one of those things and so, stay tuned.

Google is starting to reveal the secrets of its experimental Fuchsia OS

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock