Google Authenticator Updates

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Google, in June last year, introduced two-step verification by sending out sign-in prompts on your mobile whenever there was an attempt to access your Google account on an untrusted device. Although it was a more secure way to protect your account, it still lacked disclosure about information of the device that is used to sign-in. That's now changed, as Google has started rolling out an update on Android and iOS, where the name and the location of the device will appear on the mobile-screen prompt.

Google's 2-Step Verification Phone Prompts Will Soon Be More Descriptive | NDTV Gadgets360.com

Google Authenticator updated.

WOwJrw6.png

We are excited to announce an update to Google Authenticator, across both iOS and Android, which adds the ability to safely backup your one-time codes (also known as one-time passwords or OTPs) to your Google Account.

@Shiv Verma bro, did you got the update via Play Store? No update is available yet on my device.

@Shiv Verma bro, did you got the update via Play Store? No update is available yet on my device.
Yes bro, I got the update via Play Store. The app was already updated as I have enabled automatic update. when I opened the app for codes, I saw the change & uploaded here.

Finally received the app update after a month since it was originally rolled out. :D

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock