• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 3,500
  • Views Views: Views 368,175
jio_interact_live_video_call_amitabh_bachchan_1525419237534.jpg

• Jio has on-boarded Bollywood's biggest star, Amitabh Bachchan
  • In a few weeks, Jio will introduce services such as video call centres
  • Live Video Call will let users make a video call with Amitabh Bachchan
Jio Launches AI-Based Brand Engagement Platform Jio Interact

what is the effective use of loading currency into your Jio prepaid SIM? Call are free, short codes not supported, ISD is not available... what is the use of adding currency then? (other than using it for recharging / buying packs for which you can always buy directly, instead of a two step approach)

what is the effective use of loading currency into your Jio prepaid SIM? Call are free, short codes not supported, ISD is not available... what is the use of adding currency then? (other than using it for recharging / buying packs for which you can always buy directly, instead of a two step approach)
Bro ISD is working and also observed that they are charging just 50 paisa per minute for US calling.

I verified it from my Jio Prepaid number and US calling worked, was charged 50 paisa from my balance as mentioned.
new-plan-isd-banv1.jpg

Bro ISD is working and also observed that they are charging just 50 paisa per minute for US calling.

I verified it from my Jio Prepaid number and US calling worked, was charged 50 paisa from my balance as mentioned.

Why am I not able to call Saudi Arabia (+966) then? There was an emergency & wanted to reach someone last weekend, but the call was barred stating this feature is not available. Tried my sister's number now, I dont get any message. It doesnt connect (stays silent -- no beep beep sound in the dial tone either) and just gets disconnected after a few seconds.

Have you added any special top-up OR got ISD calling activated for your number from CC by any chance?

Edit: Called my friend in US now & it deducted just 50ps per min.. seems like some punga for calling middle east numbers. Let me drop them an email!

Last edited:
Reliance Jio ready to disrupt wired broadband: Matthew Oomen

And now this was reiterated by Reliance Jio president network, global strategy and service development Matthew O Oommen, according to a report on telecoms.com of his key note address at the Big Communications Event in Texas earlier this week. Said he: “ We disrupted the mobile industry and now we are looking further. India and Jio are just getting started.”

The “further” he is referring to is wired broadband services to the home as well as to business customers. Its aggression in the telecom space has seen it snare 186 million subscribers for its 4G services who accounted for 372 billion minutes of VOLTE calls (in Q1 of this year) and 2.4 billion hours of video each month.

Reliance Jio ready to disrupt wired broadband: Matthew Oomen

Back
Top Bottom