General Discussion about Jio

• Thread starter Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 3,500
  • Views Views: Views 368,182
What is the exact added benifit for Prime users bro??

Seems like the only advantage is extra data being offered for Prime members. With all Jio apps including Jio TV(considering Jio trying to acquire as many digital rights) available for all Jio users, it doesnt make it special. In any case most of us consume most data in wifi and a little with 4G mobile networks. But I'm glad to have Jio as back up for digital streaming incase they get the BCCI digital rights :)
Could be ₹50 discount or free extension 1 more year let's see ;);)
I think he is asking about benefit difference between prime and non-prime members
Yup I was asking about the benifit difference between Jio Prime and non prime users. Before I could google and edit my post here, many have commented about it. Well I didnt care for Jio until last month when I became a part of Jio considering their strategy in digital streaming. So I'm a bit clueless about these common things about Jio :p

Yup I was asking about the benifit difference between Jio Prime and non prime users. Before I could google and edit my post here, many have commented about it. Well I didnt care for Jio until last month when I became a part of Jio considering their strategy in digital streaming. So I'm a bit clueless about these common things about Jio :p
No non prime plans for Jio as per Jio CC

There is nothing for non prime in Jio. You cannot use Jio without prime 99
But last month I got a Jio Phone with Jio sim with all the benifits without being a Prime member. I even registered my new Jio number in my primary smart phone in Jio App but the thing is to use the Jio TV over wifi or even mobile data I needed to have the Jio sim inserted in the mobile unlike Airtel, where we can use the Airtel TV app after registration even without that sim being used in the same phone.

Yup, excluding the promotional Add-ons that they give. I am having 10 GB free Add-on valid for 28 days, with Jio-to-Jio calls free, in spite of not taking Prime.

But last month I got a Jio Phone with Jio sim with all the benifits without being a Prime member. I even registered my new Jio number in my primary smart phone in Jio App but the thing is to use the Jio TV over wifi or even mobile data I needed to have the Jio sim inserted in the mobile unlike Airtel, where we can use the Airtel TV app after registration even without that sim being used in the same phone.
Yup, excluding the promotional Add-ons that they give. I am having 10 GB free Add-on valid for 28 days, with Jio-to-Jio calls free, in spite of not taking Prime.
Both are exactly different scenario bros compare to Jio sim ;);)

For Jio phone it includes in jio phone cost

10gb add-on its free for all jio users no conditions for prime or non Prime

Check my jio app, you must have activated Jio prime plan, it wll show there

Yup, excluding the promotional Add-ons that they give.
Does the promotional add-ons include Jio TV and other Jio apps or only extra data? I was able to access Jio TV even a non prime customer. Jio TV will become the must have app if Jio gets the BCCI digital rights. Already they have olympics 2020 rights which is still 2 years away. But they might surprise us with more like the recent cricket tri series streaming.

For Jio phone it includes in jio phone cost
Yeah bro this might be the reason behind how I was able to access Jio TV without being a prime member. Thanks everyone for the explanation offered :)

Edit: Now I could access Jio TV from wifi networks with the Jio Phone number registered with the Jio TV android app as a non prime user even without the sim being used in my primary phone just like Airtel TV. Impressed and happy to have bought the Jio Phone specially for streaming live sports online :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom