Discussion General Cricket Discussions Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iSK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4,401
  • Views Views: Views 327,018
My prediction
Australia 3 india 2
Coz india before australia series secure wtc final hence take australia series litely on the other hand australia if they lose against India they have to beat Sri lanka in an away series to secure WTC final. Also last time australia not have luxury of head and for india shami coming from injury and no rahane
No pressure, so Indian will play more freely.

Head didn't play in last series? I guess he played. Also, this time Warner is not there. Boland is injured as well. Not playing first test match. They are short of two three bowlers. Their bowlers will be new. These three quicks cannot bowl for five tests. The above bowlers are new. I don't know how much they can replicate similar performance against India. We were short of bowlers still we won, last time. Confidence is on peak except for Jadeja. I believe Axar can make a difference this time if he gets to play. From Irani squad, looks like, Sunder is not in the plans of Indian selectors. Shardul will play Irani trophy. Akashdeep is certainty. Harshit Rana is there. I feel two three more bowlers will emerge as net bowlers, so that main bowlers won't get fatigued for long tour. If Hardik remains fit and bowls 10-15 overs per day in Ranji trophy, then nothing like that. In Adelaide and Brisbane, he can be useful.

India has Jaiswal and Gill who are doing good. Jaiswal will do well against Cummins and Strac, but Hazelwood, I doubt that. But again these won't play together. I feel Ruturaj or Easwaran will get chance in BGT atleast a back up opener. If Rahul fails even in Kiwi series, then Gaikwad can bat at three and Gill can bat five. Even Sai Sudarshan or Musheer has chance if they score in Irani trophy. Rahul should not play in BGT. Don't play Pant in white ball formats till BGT and don't ask him to play India A tour before BGT. Rahane was good captain and great middle order player on overseas conditions. His time was over. Pujara was one dimensional player, so he was dropped. Modern games needs a little attacking mindset from number three which Pujara didn't have.

Last edited:
Why do you think so? If KLRahul doesn't play we are winning atleast by 3-0. They don't have Boland. It's five match series. Bowlers need break. Their fifth bowler will be J.Buckingham, Sutherland, Lance Morris, J.Richardson, which are still raw for test cricket.

Batsman are there. But who will play at five now. I don't know, they should give chance to Mcsweeny at five or keep head at five and give chance to Henry Hunt at top.

Teague Wyllie, Sam Konstas, Campbell Kellaway, Jack Clayton will take time to develop. Same goes with Mitch Perry and Lawrence Neil Smith.
Its my gut feeling nothing else

My prediction
Australia 3 india 2
Coz india before australia series secure wtc final hence take australia series litely on the other hand australia if they lose against India they have to beat Sri lanka in an away series to secure WTC final. Also last time australia not have luxury of head and for india shami coming from injury and no rahane
Agreed bro

No pressure, so Indian will play more freely.

Head didn't play in last series? I guess he played. Also, this time Warner is not there. Boland is injured as well. Not playing first test match. They are short of two three bowlers. Their bowlers will be new. These three quicks cannot bowl for five tests. The above bowlers are new. I don't know how much they can replicate similar performance against India. We were short of bowlers still we won, last time. Confidence is on peak except for Jadeja. I believe Axar can make a difference this time if he gets to play. From Irani squad, looks like, Sunder is not in the plans of Indian selectors. Shardul will play Irani trophy. Akashdeep is certainty. Harshit Rana is there. I feel two three more bowlers will emerge as net bowlers, so that main bowlers won't get fatigued for long tour. If Hardik remains fit and bowls 10-15 overs per day in Ranji trophy, then nothing like that. In Adelaide and Brisbane, he can be useful.

India has Jaiswal and Gill who are doing good. Jaiswal will do well against Cummins and Strac, but Hazelwood, I doubt that. But again these won't play together. I feel Ruturaj or Easwaran will get chance in BGT atleast a back up opener. If Rahul fails even in Kiwi series, then Gaikwad can bat at three and Gill can bat five. Even Sai Sudarshan or Musheer has chance if they score in Irani trophy. Rahul should not play in BGT. Don't play Pant in white ball formats till BGT and don't ask him to play India A tour before BGT. Rahane was good captain and great middle order player on overseas conditions. His time was over. Pujara was one dimensional player, so he was dropped. Modern games needs a little attacking mindset from number three which Pujara didn't have.
It's not about head played or not inknow he played just saying now head is a different player he now play more aggressively also it's interesting to see Smith position.

Neser can replace booland
Aussie not take too much pressure untill Cummins is full fit he is a tank in test.yes axar is good but will he replicate in australia let's see also pant making his comeback his wk skill not looked promising till now after comeback also last time gill was opener now Jaiswal hope he caged his inner bazzball approach otherwise he will fail like prithvi shaw.

Ashwin will be key although now no Warner
Also interesting how long Aussie persist with marnus in test his avg not good I feel Aussie maybe select Bancroft

It's not about head played or not inknow he played just saying now head is a different player he now play more aggressively also it's interesting to see Smith position.

Aussie not take too much pressure untill Cummins is full fit he is a tank in test.yes axar is good but will he replicate in australia let's see also pant making his comeback his wk skill not looked promising till now after comeback also last time gill was opener now Jaiswal hope he caged his inner bazzball approach otherwise he will fail like prithvi shaw.

Also interesting how long Aussie persist with marnus in test his avg not good I feel Aussie maybe select Bancroft
Adding to that virat is not the same form comparing to the previous tours hopefully he get back into his beast mode till the tour
In bowling front we don't have capable supporter of bumrah we don't know about recovery process of shami , siraj is looking out of form, 4th seeming bowling all rounder we still searching let's say pandya will be picked will he able to play as a all rounder all 5 test matches that too down under. Akashdeep is promising but bowling with sg ball and bowling with kukuboroo is two differnt things that too in australia

Overall, but I feel Indian team is more refined than Australia this time. If our batting clicks collectively then we will win handsomely. Neser is not in their plans. Head will definitely play at five. Smith at four. This will continue for three years before Smith and Khawaja retires. New opener will be there for BGT in form of Henry Hunt or Marcus Harris. Just have gut feeling, Cummins+Starc+Hazelwood won't feature in all tests together. That's our advantage.

Last edited:
Adding to that virat is not the same form comparing to the previous tours hopefully he get back into his beast mode till the tour
In bowling front we don't have capable supporter of bumrah we don't know about recovery process of shami , siraj is looking out of form, 4th seeming bowling all rounder we still searching let's say pandya will be picked will he able to play as a all rounder all 5 test matches that too down under. Akashdeep is promising but bowling with sg ball and bowling with kukuboroo is two differnt things that too in australia
Virat was not in form in 2018 as well. He just scored one century at Perth. 2018 tour was won because of three reasons. Smith and Warner were not there(Not enough depth in their batting line up created over the years). Pujara scored hell lot of runs. Pant was really good in that series.

In last series, so I guess our whole team was new. And we were on backfoot. After that Virat runout, we everything was messy in dressing room. Rahane scored century. Siraj played his part. Gill scored runs. Pant scored runs. Natrajan, Saini, Sunder, and Thakur. All were new. They played really well. We are no longer dependant on Rahane and Kohli. Bumrah yes. But he needs to be rested properly. This time I believe Gill and Akashdeep are key members. If Gills scores three centuries atleast, then it will be huge bonus for India.

Last edited:
Virat was not in form in 2018 as well. He just scored one century at Perth. 2018 tour was won because of three reasons. Smith and Warner were not there(Not enough depth in their batting line up created over the years). Pujara scored hell lot of runs. Pant was really good in that series.

In last series, so I guess our whole team was new. And we were on backfoot. After that Virat runout, we everything was messy in dressing room. Rahane scored century. Siraj played his part. Gill scored runs. Pant scored runs. Natrajan, Saini, Sunder, and Thakur. All were new. They played really well. We are no longer dependant on Rahane and Kohli. Bumrah yes. But he needs to be rested properly. This time I believe Gill and Akashdeep are key members. If Gills scores three centuries atleast, then it will be huge bonus for India.
Bro miracles happens once or twice not everytime and you only said that these players are new that time around australia will not take lightly this time around plus past glorious doesn't gurantee they will perform this time around. We can't take aussies lightly especially in there home turf

Bro miracles happens once or twice not everytime and you only said that these players are new that time around australia will not take lightly this time around plus past glorious doesn't gurantee they will perform this time around. We can't take aussies lightly especially in there home turf
Gill is settled. Jaiswal if he plays well against Cummins, he will be successful. Starc is finished in test cricket. I believe we should have won WTC23. Marnus hasn't performed outside Australia. Smith is in decline. His position is also not so confirmed. Their coach is below average. Langer was better coach. Khawaja and Head if clicked, clicked. Otherwise Head is in the league of KL Rahul. We just need Rohit and Kohli to score little bit here and there. They can certainly score in Adelaide and Sydney. I don't know about rest places.

I am sure this time Akashdeep will be force to reckon with. We should have given chance to Yash Dayal in this match against Siraj and Against Bumrah, Kuldeep by considering BGT, WTC and CT25 in the mind. I don't know what GG is doing.

Back
Top Bottom