Gavaskar to Supreme Court: Am I still interim BCCI president?

• Thread starter Thread starter Basil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 0
  • Views Views: Views 475

Basil

Contributor
Reaction score
Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar has clarified that he has not written to the Supreme Court over a pay dispute, but has asked the apex body to clarify whether he remains the interim BCCI president instead.

Various news channels and publications had reported that Gavaskar had complained saying he had not been paid for his services as BCCI president to oversee the running of the IPL in the UAE and India.

"I have not written to the Supreme Court complaining about the BCCI or anything as the story suggests," Gavaskar was quoted as saying by ESPNcricinfo. "All I have written to the Supreme Court is asking for the clarification regarding my current situation."

Gavaskar mentioned that confusion arose over the Supreme Court telling the BCCI appoint two interim presidents during investigations into match-fixing in the IPL. Shivlal Yadav was named president to oversee non-IPL affairs while Gavaskar was asked to take over the duties during the tournament.

"The first order, given at the end of March, was pretty clear that I would be the BCCI interim president, IPL, till the end of the tournament. In the middle of May the court said Shivlal and I would continue till further orders. So it is just that little bit of confusion and that is all that I had asked for."

The apex court had earlier dictated N Srinivasan to stand down as BCCI president during investigations into the match-fixing allegations against his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan. The BCCI had recommended Gavaskar to replace him to handle the affairs of the IPL that took place in the UAE and India.

http://www.gocricket.com/news/India-cricket-news-Sunil-Gavaskar-not-paid-for-his-tenure-as-BCCI-president/articleshow/38204576.cms

Back
Top Bottom