• Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,082

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
From Punjab to Bihar to IIT, three 'super' stories

May 30, 2011 | RSS | Tell a friend | Printable VersionShare this page| Font Size

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chandigarh: One is the son of a grocer, one's father sells chole-kulche from a cycle cart and the third's runs a mobile repair shop - but all three have risen from these humble surroundings to crack the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) entrance exam, considered one of the most difficult in the country.

It was coaching from the Patna-based Super 30, which helps economically backward students crack the IIT-Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) that was behind the success of Jatinder Singh (rank 656), Satish Kumar (rank 2,041) and Priyanka Sharma (rank 5,324).

"My son is a very hardworking boy and excellent in studies right from the beginning. We attribute his success to his own efforts, Super 30 and to god's grace. He is literally addicted to studies and usually forgets about food and water while studying," Jatinder's father Raj Kumar told the sources.

Raj Kumar, a resident of remote Majha village in Sangrur district, sells "chole-kulche" to earn his living.

"We have a small house and Jatinder did not have any separate room for studies. However, he never complained and sat in one corner and quietly kept studying. He was an all-rounder and at times also helped me in my work. Now I am planning to take a bank loan to finance his studies. I hope our days of struggle will soon be over," said an elated Raj Kumar.

All the three were beneficiaries of a 2011 alliance between Super 30 and US-based Bhai Jaitajee Foundation (BJF) to provide an opportunity to poor children in Punjab. They were selected through an entrance exam.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock