Formula 1 2023 : News & Updates

marvel44

Believe
News Columnist
Solutions
Reaction score
Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team is delighted to confirm that Fernando Alonso will join the team in 2023 on a multi-year contract.

The two-time world champion will replace the retiring four-time world champion Seb Vettal.. This opens a seat at Alpine now.. Let's see who they are going to draft in.

Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™ Team is delighted to confirm that Fernando Alonso will join the team in 2023 on a multi-year contract.

The two-time world champion will replace the retiring four-time world champion Seb Vettal.. This opens a seat at Alpine now.. Let's see who they are going to draft in.
Alpine's reserve and last year's F2 champion Oscar Piastri will likely get Alonso's seat.

Alpine's reserve and last year's F2 champion Oscar Piastri will likely get Alonso's seat.
I don't think that's set in stone though.. They are looking to loan him out to Williams for next season... But I guess, he will be getting a seat next year, but I don't know where exactly though...
Will Mercedes use their connections to get that Williams seat to Nyck de Vries? Who knows. 🤷

I don't think that's set in stone though.. They are looking to loan him out to Williams for next season... But I guess, he will be getting a seat next year, but I don't know where exactly though...
Will Mercedes use their connections to get that Williams seat to Nyck de Vries? Who knows. 🤷
Williams wants current F2 rookie and Williams Driver Academy member Logan Sargeant to the team because he is American and will bring great commercial prospects to the team. We will have 3 American races next year. So he will bring great value to the team.

If Logan Sargeant does not make it, then Nick De Vries will be the option.

I believe that Oscar will drive for Alpine next season. He has a clause in his Alpine contract that requires Alpine to provide him with a seat for 2023. Otherwise, he is free to leave Alpine. Alpine thinks Oscar is a great prospect for the team and doesn't want to lose him.

Alpine wants Oscar Piastri for 2023 but it looks like Oscar Piastri and McLaren have reached some pre-agreement.

Alpine might take legal actions if Oscar Piastri joins McLaren since his contract with Alpine states he is free to go only if a seat is not offered.

Since Daniel Ricciardo has contract for 2023 and he recently reassured that he will drive for McLaren in 2023, we will have to wait and see how things will play.

Alpine confirms Oscar Piastri for 2023..

But..It must be noted that there is no word yet from Piastri about this announcement.

There were no quotes from Piastri in the official Alpine press release. No posts in social media too.

It is believed that Oscar Piastri is in some sort of agreement with McLaren..

Source

Alpine have really effed up royally..

But who opens up a seat for him at McLaren though?, Danny Rick said he will continue, I don't see Lando going anywhere unless Lewis Retries, I'm definitely sure he won't do that next season after seeing him in the last few races...

Alonso had really stirred up a supposedly calm Summer window...
Looks like McLaren is not satisfied with the performance of Danny Ric.

They might offer him Indy Car drive or a seat in Formula E.

Looks like McLaren is not satisfied with the performance of Danny Ric.
I guess, it's in his hands if he wants to continue with them or not as it was in his contract.
They might offer him Indy Car drive or a seat in Formula E.
He could win FE world championship if he goes there as they are inheriting the dominant Mercedes Team. Let's see.

But I doubt he will give up on F1 anytime soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock