Former Pakistan cricketers back Sarfraz Ahmed for Test, ODI captaincy

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 6
  • Views Views: Views 867
Reaction score
Former Pakistan players have asked the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to hand over the Test and One-day international (ODI) captaincy to the recently-appointed T20 skipper Sarfraz Ahmed.

The PCB last week named 28-year-old Sarfraz as the T20 captain, replacing flamboyant all-rounder Shahid Afridi following the team's disastrous performance in the Asia Cup and the World Twenty20.

Pakistan had a disastrous time at the Asia Cup T20, winning only two out of four games. They did miserably at the ICC World Twenty20 in India, winning only one out of four Super 10s matches. Following the horror run, Afridi, criticised for his poor captaincy and bad form, resigned as captain.

Former stalwarts, led by legendary Imran Khan, have now demanded that Sarfraz should be appointed as the captain for all three formats.
"Sarfraz is the logical choice to be captain and I think he has strong nerves to handle the pressure. I have never seen him complaining about anything and he will learn with time," said former captain Ramiz Raza.

Ramiz also advised Sarfraz, a wicketkeeper batsman, to take a cue from Indian captain, MS Dhoni.

"Sarfraz was a natural choice for T20 captain and I believe he can learn a lot from Dhoni, who is also a class wicket-keeper," he said.

Pakistan's former leg-spinner Abdul Qadir also backed the proposal.

"Imran is a player who will always be remembered for leading Pakistan to the World Cup in 1992 therefore his words matter a lot," he said.

Meanwhile, Moin Khan and Rashid Latif have opined that Sarfraz has the fighting spirit to lead in the team in all the formats.

"He is young and still improving and learning. He has the fighting spirit and strong nerves to lead the Pakistan team well," Moin said.

Latif said that if the PCB was sincere about improving Pakistan cricket it should have shown more confidence in Sarfraz.

"Why wait any longer. Sarfraz should be given responsibility straightaway. But I just think announcing him T20 captain was a move by the PCB to damage control the situation," he added.
But former captain and opener, Aamir Sohail cautioned that Sarfraz should be given time to settle down as T20 captain before giving him further responsibility.

"I am not against giving him captaincy of all three teams but I'd like to see it given to him gradually," he said.

Former Pakistan cricketers back Sarfraz Khan for Test, ODI captaincy

RE: Former Pakistan cricketers back Sarfraz Khan for Test, ODI captaincy

please correct your heading.
Sarfaraz khan is a u19 Indian player and also a player of RCB team.
your heading should have Sarfaraz Ahmed Instead of Sarfaraz Khan.

Optimus_Prime said:
please correct your heading.
Sarfaraz khan is a u19 Indian player and also a player of RCB team.
your heading should have Sarfaraz Ahmed Instead of Sarfaraz Khan.

yup ur right .. But the original article heading itself showing Sarfraz Khan :angry:nj ..

whats going on here :skd :damn

Both Mid your Languages :angry last warning :s

Back
Top Bottom