Sarfraz Ahmed named Pakistan's T20I captain

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Flamboyant wicketkeeper batsman Sarfraz Ahmed has been named as the new captain of Pakistan's Twenty20 International (T20I) team, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) announced via a media release on Tuesday (April 5). Sarfraz takes over the reins of the side from incumbent skipper

Shahid Afridi, who stepped down after the team's lacklustre T20 WC campaign in India.
Calls for elevating Sarfraz to a leadership role gathered steam in the wake of the national team's ignominious Super 10 exit in the showpiece T20 event. The 28-year-old had impressed as captain during the inaugural season of the Pakistan Super League (PSL), guiding an unfancied Quetta Gladiators to the final of the tournament.

While Sarfraz's appointment was along expected lines, the timing of the announcement is a touch surprising considering Pakistan's next T20I assignment is only in September.
"I spoke to Sarfraz this morning and conveyed to him that he was our natural choice for this position. His appointment is open-ended. I wish him good luck in his new role," PCB Chairman Shaharyar Khan said.

Sarfraz, an experienced T20 player, has scored 1375 runs at an average of 28.06. He has also represented the national side 21 times, scoring 291 runs and effecting 11 dismissals. The aggressive batsman began 2016 with a string of good scores on the tour of New Zealand and in the Asia Cup but his position in the lower middle-order restricted his contribution to a measly 21 runs from three innings in the T20 WC.

http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/79127/sarfraz-ahmed-named-pakistans-t20i-captain

Dhoni ki captaincy se borr ho gaye hain kisi Orr ko bhi mauka milna chahiye

Sai Jai said:
Elaam wicket keeper Captain -um MSD aaga mudiathu :) .. Translation: All WK captain never become MSD :) ..

yep yep yellarum soona pana ayuta soona panaku ena mariyadha

hqdefault.jpg

Another msd not possible:luv

amarnathkvk said:
yep yep yellarum soona pana ayuta soona panaku ena mariyadha

Another msd not possible:luv

Thambi neenga MSD ah Thitrigala ela Pogazharingala :shy:d:d:lol:hehe:) ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock