• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 1,639
yeah thats d s**t hppning in d internet world for all of us... :damn :damn :nj

Take dis virtual F5 ( brock lesnar's) from me... u telecos :nj :damn :angry

shawl_who said:
yeah thats d s**t hppning in d internet world for all of us... :damn :damn :nj

Take dis virtual F5 ( brock lesnar's) from me... u telecos :nj :damn :angry

telcos have bid for more than 1 lakh crore as spectrum allocation fees to the govt.
now how ll they recover their costs :huh:huh:huh

Prateek Marwadi said:
telcos have bid for more than 1 lakh crore as spectrum allocation fees to the govt.

:angry:angry:angry
so will they jeopardize the freedom of d internet. :wall

Prateek Marwadi said:

They're already recovering it man... if they were not recovering it why they are bidding for spectrum??

if one will be in loss he will never pay for that business...

check out the price details of 2G Internet packs of now and 1-2 years back

in 2012-13 telecom operators were charging Rs. 58 for 2 GB high speed and now its Rs 198+ with low speed

Prateek Marwadi said:
decision was taken by force but not by choice
You don't seem to understand the problem.
See, remember the cost of net packs a couple of years ago? Rs. 98 1GB 2G for a month. What's it now? Rs. 154 1 GB 2G for a month.

So, it's not like they're not earning money. While their revenue fron calls and SMSs has decreased, they have increased the price of Net Packs to compensate it. Now, they want to discriminate by dividing the usage of internet.
Consider this, your Electricity provider doesn't say you have to pay Rs. 550 per month and from that electricity included in Rs. 550, if you want to use fridge you have to pay Rs. 250 additional.

Telecom operators could also use this discrimination for promoting their own apps. Say, Airtel could charge you exorbitant rates for Gaana.com and Saavn and give you Wynk for free.

They could also charge popular sites like YouTube. If YouTube doesn't pay them, they would not allow their consumers to access YouTube. If they pay, YouTube would ultimately have to transfer the burden of cost to us (consumers).

To give you an example that relates to us, think about this: Airtel asks this forum creators to pay them a fee to allow us access to come here. DDF has to pay or else the forum will lose our activity. If they pay, DDF has no other choice but to recover the costs from us, like, they would introduce paid membership. You can only visit the forum if you pay a certain fee.

Hope this is simple to understand. :nj

In short, they are not making losses, they just want to make huge profits.

What part of revenue they have lost from calls, they're recovering it from internet packs. They're now trying to gain more profits at the cost of our freedom. Who the :angry are they to tell us how to use our internet? We paid for internet pack, it's our choice how to use it. It's like I give you a bike on rent and tell you I will charge you extra if you use the headlights. :damn

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock