OTF Exclusive Flipkart in talks to buy stake in BookMyShow

Jithin91

Contributor
Reaction score
Online ticketing platform BookMyShow may be valued at $500-700 million if the proposed deal with Flipkart goes through

Flipkart Ltd is in talks to buy a large minority stake in ticketing platform BookMyShow, as India’s most valuable internet firm seeks to improve customer stickiness and gain a higher share of spending by urban Indians, according to three people familiar with the matter.

Flipkart had initially expressed an intent to buy BookMyShow, one of the three people said. But the two other people said a stake sale is more likely than an outright sale. Reliance Industries-owned Network18, which is the single largest shareholder in BookMyShow with a 39% stake, is bullish on the firm, these two people said.

Flipkart is seeking a deal and business partnership with BookMyShow partly to get a higher share of the spending by upper-middle-class and rich Indians. Compared with rival Amazon India’s Prime subscription service, Flipkart lacks an equivalent differentiator. By striking partnerships with the likes of BookMyShow, Flipkart wants to offer a range of services to keep customers coming back to its platform, said the people cited earlier. It also plans to launch groceries this year in order to push repeat purchases by customers.

Via Livemint

Flipkart was going down last year, but they changed the game again now. That's the spirit.(y):nj:
Definitely. Thanks to instant discount, i spent more on Flipkart in just 4 orders than i did in Amazon in the entire year.
They should do something about Fast and Free delivery on small products, then i would happily shift back to Flipkart.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock