Discussion FASTag - News & Updates

One complaint I have heard from my friends who use fastag is the incorrect deductions that happen. For example, a toll should be 20 but 100 gets deducted. And its quite a hassle to get back that money

One complaint I have heard from my friends who use fastag is the incorrect deductions that happen. For example, a toll should be 20 but 100 gets deducted. And its quite a hassle to get back that money
Never happened like that for me. In fact, it's very intelligent that if we travel back on the same road on same day it considers the trip as 2 way and deducts the balance accordingly.

Never happened like that for me. In fact, it's very intelligent that if we travel back on the same road on same day it considers the trip as 2 way and deducts the balance accordingly.
Correct, i have been using from last five years and never faced extra or double charges. Yes, if you are coming back on same toll within 12 hrs or set limit as return journey then it will deduct 50% only toll.

Just realized, our car already has a fastag, it came pre applied when we bought the car in June 2019. It is already linked to paytm and pre loaded with 200 rupees balance, 150 in fastag toll wallet and 50 in paytm wallet.

If you have insufficient balance in your paytm wallet, it'll be debited from your fastag wallet.
It is recommended you always keep 150 in your fastag wallet.

We drive through the fastag lane, and the process is fully automatic.

G8rZn0Q.jpg

JNohd68.jpg

BN51n2C.jpg

Just realized, our car already has a fastag, it came pre applied when we bought the car in June 2019. It is already linked to paytm and pre loaded with 200 rupees balance, 150 in fastag toll wallet and 50 in paytm wallet.

If you have insufficient balance in your paytm wallet, it'll be debited from your fastag wallet.
It is recommended you always keep 150 in your fastag wallet.

We drive through the fastag lane, and the process is fully automatic.

G8rZn0Q.jpg

JNohd68.jpg

BN51n2C.jpg
So you don't have PayTM fastag rfid sticker on your front windshield or they enabled on existing car rfid ?

More FASTag glitches, motorists moan about double deductions

Naveen Singh, a resident of the Surya Nagar locality here, has complained that Rs 70 was deducted from his prepaid wallet for FASTag around midnight when his car was parked at his residence in Hisar on December 17.

NHAI official at Hisar Vipin Mangla said FASTag deduction was a centralised system and there were “very rare” chances of errors like unauthorised deduction. “There may be one such error in 1,000 cases. There is also a redressal system,” he said, adding that FASTag system will deduct the charge if an operational fastag sticker comes in the range at any toll plaza even if someone is carrying it in their pocket. Naresh Kumar, manager at Mayyar toll, said they had got some complaints but they also redressed them immediately.

Hopefully it will reduce fuel wastage, save time and be environmentally friendly in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock