Discussion FASTag - News & Updates

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has announced that from December 1st, all National Highways in India will collect toll payments through a technology based on radio frequency identification (RFID) called FASTag.

The vehicle owners need to buy the RFID device and fix it to their vehicle's windscreen. Those who will pay the toll via cash have to shell out double the toll amount.

The users can buy FASTags free of cost from toll plazas starting today until December 1. You can also buy the device from petrol pumps of Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum, Bharat Petroleum, leading banks, Paytm and Amazon.

After purchasing the device you need to activate the device yourself using the myfastag app available on Play Store and iOS store. After activation you need to fix it to your vehicle and link the device to your bank account or a prepaid wallet and have sufficient balance on the account. The toll amount will be debited as and when you cross the toll plaza using the RFID receivers installed on the toll plazas.

with inputs from ndtv...

I have been using ICICI FASTag since long time. I have to say, it's pretty convenient with a separate lane. However, it wasn't available on several highways. At least now, I guess they will make it available on all highways and all lanes will be compatible with the tag. Once though, I was double charged (Both tag and cash) and I had to raise a complaint with ICICI with all proofs to get the money back into the tag account.

Here in nearest two tolls don't have automatic scanner so we have to stop for manual hand scanner

Yesterday, I bought one from the nearest Toll Plaza, from PayTM counter, They charged me 150INR, which was later added to my PayTM Fast Tag Wallet. Hence, zero money is charged. The process is quick and simple. It takes hardly, 5 minutes.

Nothing can be implemented in first deadline
Extended till 15th December
Again may got 15 days extension and final implementation from new year

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock