Fans in Pak break TV sets, LCDs, say 'we know Pakistan can never beat India'

santosh

Banned
Reaction score
New Delhi: Angry with their team’s defeat at the hands of arch-rival India in a World T20 match, Pakistani fans on Saturday night came out on the streets, smashed their TVs, LCDs and set them on fire to express disappointment.

Cricket-crazy fans in Pakistan were glued to their televiosn sets to watch the eagerly anticipated clash between the arch-rivals at Eden Gardens in Kolkata hoping that the Shahid Afridi led side will beat India.

Fans in Pakistan were left fuming as team India extended its hegemony over Pakistan in World Cup matches as the men in blue chased down 119 to register an emphatic six-wicket win in a rain-curtailed encounter.

“I have lost all hopes in Pakistan cricket team. Now I know they can never beat India,” said a disappointed fan.

A Pakistani News channel showed visuals of people taking to streets with TV sets and LCDs , smashing them to pieces to show their anger at the Pakistan team’s performance.

Television channels showed some of them raising slogans against the Pakistan Cricket Board and players demanding their ouster while in some other parts of the country disappointed fans broke television sets with sticks.

Watch: Fans in Pak break TV sets, LCDs, say ‘we know Pakistan can never beat India’ |

भला हो भारतीय टीम का जिसके कारण टीवी फोड़ने की पुरातन परंपरा आज भी कायम है और हमारी रोज़ी रोटी चल रहे है।

- ज़नाब रहीम चाचा
(प्रोपराइटर रहीम इलक्ट्रोनिक्स कराची)

English Translation
Thanks to the ancient tradition of the Indian team which continued to have a TV break, and our living is ongoing . - Janab Rahim Chacha ( Proprietor Rahim electronics Karachi )

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock